Should We Stop Using Google Chrome?

With over 3 billion users, Chrome is the world’s most famous internet browser. It also has a commanding sixty five% marketplace proportion, over triple that of Safari in second area. But need to you prevent using Chrome after new research observed it to be the “maximum vulnerability-ridden browser in 2022”?

Atlas VPN has bestowed this unwanted title on Chrome after compiling facts provided via the VulDB vulnerability database. And it wasn’t even near.

Google, Chrome, Chrome browser, Google Chrome, Chrome safety, Chome privacy,
More vulnerabilities were located in[+]

Between 1 January 2022 and five October 2022, Atlas VPN reports that 303 vulnerabilities were observed for Chrome, as compared to 117 for Mozilla Firefox, 103 for Microsoft Edge, 26 for Safari and none for Opera.

Looking at the all-time figures, Chrome also comes top with 3159 vulnerabilities because it released in September 2008. Notably, Firefox (2004), Safari (2003) and Opera (1995) are all older than Chrome, but have extensively fewer lifetime vulnerabilities at 2361, 1139 and 344, respectively. Edge, released in 2015, has an entire life overall of 806 vulnerabilities.

Suba

Staff member
Some time ago, I read the news, advice not to use the Google Chrome browser. It seems that Chrome is more concerned with their advertising to print money so that it ignores the privacy protections of users who are the target of their advertising such as user data, third party cookies, gender, IP address location. Chrome also can't protect users from cross-site tracking. So I think if you use Windows operating system, don't make Chrome browser as default, and it would be better if you use Microsoft Edge.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I think chrome is overrated. One thing I give to Google as a company is that they are good at marketing. Chrome is not even the best browser on mobile or desktop. How they have such a huge market is amazing. I prefer Firefox on my desktop and Opera browser on my mobile. I am shocked to hear of their vulnerability in privacy protection. But I am not entirely surprised because chrome is so concerned with generating revenue from ads. On my mobile, I had to disable notifications from chrome entirely because so many ads popped up as notifications.

I love the level of privacy and security I enjoy from Opera. If Google doesn't take these analytics seriously, chrome might end up like the yahoos of this world. User privacy is important in this world of spam, blackmail, and fraud. Chrome should thrive to improve in this area and also improve their browser too.