Should Business Leaders Come From Within The Company?

Etini

Valued Contributor
One of the problems that businesses face is always how to replace a business leader that has probably done very well and is retiring. There is always a ravaging debate whether the next business manager should come from within the company or from outside the company.

Having the next manager appointed from within the company's staff has the advantage of maintaining already existing workplace bonds and fostering unity. But over familiarity can lead to complacency.

On the other hand, bringing someone fresh can help with new ideas and control but it can also lead to resentment of the new manager by the existing staff.

If you were to appoint a new manager to replace a departing manager, would it be from outside or within the company?

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
This is a fairly dicey topic. If I were to appoint a business manager, I think it would be better that I pick from within the company. The challenge though is that this can cause unnecessary politicking and lobbying within the organization. It even has the potential to create factions within the business.

I think that these are the reasons why some boards of directors prefer to appoint a business manager from outside. I have seen situations where business managers are appointed from within and serious squabble breaks out because someone within the organization believes he is more deserving to be the manager.

Choosing business leaders from within the company can bring several benefits to your company fore personal I would love to do so let me tell you why, These lndivduals have a deep understanding of the company's culture, values, and goals, which can help ensure alignment between leadership and the rest of the organization. Promoting from within can also boost employee morale and motivation, as it demonstrates that hard work and dedication are recognized and rewarded. Furthermore, internal candidates have already proven their capabilities and skills within the company, reducing the risk of bringing in an outsider who may not fully understand the business and when speaking of trust it hard to also trust someone outside than someone from my company. Overall, selecting business leaders from within the company can lead to stronger leadership, increased employee engagement, and a smoother transition for the organization as a whole.

Mikes smithen

Verified member
Becoming a leader simply means that you must have high skillful competence and mental capability to carry out what other individuals may not be able to do and to see what other individuals are not able to see. Leaders can obviously come within the business organization but that should be achieved in only they are constantly and credibly trained and giving the necessary knowledge of what it means to establish business organization manage and administrate them. Business owners should not try to look for the best and perfect employees because they are none, however there must work with what they have and try to build the mindset of the present employees that they have employed and from there future leaders of the organization can be adopted.