Preventing body odor from building up

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Most of my female office mates would go to the rest room twice or 3 times a day. They said that it is important to "wash up" in order to prevent body odor. I didn't know about that term wash up that maybe it was invented recently (during that time there was no internet yet). One female colleague explained to me that they use a small face towel. Wet half of the face towel and rub it in the nook and corner of the body particularly the armpits and the groin (or crotch). But first things first, it is the face and the neck that is rubbed before anything else. Let the skin dry a bit before you go back to your work. That makes sense to me and maybe that is the reason why I have not noticed a body odor in any of my female office mates.

As I had posted in another thread, my weapon against body odor is the application of soap on my entire body twice. The first application is to cleanse the top part of the skin. Rinse well before applying soap again. This second application takes 2 minutes of leaving the suds on the skin particularly in the armpits and neck. That will take care of body odor.

arunima25

Verified member
Body odor can be repelling for anyone. And it does give a bad impression about the personal hygiene ( though that might not be the reason all the times). And in a civil world, people have a social etiquette to be presentable. And it's also a social responsibility in a way to be pleasant and presentable in a public place especially your workplace. So, one needs to take care of the bad odour.
Bad odour comes because of excessive sweating and germ build up. Many go for deodorants and body spray to mask thar. But many including myself cab not withstand deodorant and such perfumed products. Sometimes the skin might be allergic to tem too. Cleaning and washing up is the best, effective and safest way to control bad odour.

Kola

Verified member
To prevent body odour one has to make sure you wash your clothes well and always bath regularly.if you don't bath regularly part of your body like armpit will be smelling which is not good.also make sure your clothes are very neat.and you can also use perfume they help a lot

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I had crazy experiences with body odor, if you are used to taking public bus then we'll share the same experience, I've sat with people that oozes and it's not a good experience at all, it will make you want to throw up.

And taking care of one's body is not even expensive to start with, this is due to negligence and some people think they don't smell because I don't know maybe they have angelic bodies haha, it's important to note that if you're releasing sweat then you will smell because the sweat secretions on the skin produces the ooze.

What I do personally to take care of myself is simple after bathing I make sure I apply talcum powder to my joints and armpits and anywhere that's closed up.

Then I'll apply a roll on afterwards then a body spray then I'll put on clothes and spray a perf.

I feel more confident and free if I do this I can't even imagine going out without perf.
And self care products are not expensive with 5$ in Nigeria you'll get a decent perfume scent.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
It is very important indeed to take care of out body odor. Having a bad odor can make you feel so uncomfortable. It will make even the people around you uncomfortable and there is nothing as bad as people avoiding you. The idea of vising the rest room often to wash up when in office is really great. After all, when you are busy, the body tends to sweat alot and it's build up can cause a bad odor.

Personally, I like to wash up alot too. But I also use roll ons and perfume to smell good enough. The good thing is that these days, perfumes are so advanced that they stay on your body for as long as the whole day. Hence, you smell fresh for longer.