Money is the root of all evil, how true is this adage.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
The act of making money is considered to be as old as mankind and ever since money was being established individuals like you and I have found using money to satisfy our numerous human wants in the sense that we use money to purchase what we need and desire . Money has a lot of purpose and money has a lot of importance and to be sincere The importance and benefits of money is totally inexhaustible mentioned because money have an uncountable numbers of uses and importance . For one reason money can be used as a medium of exchange and also can be used as a means of accumulating wealth finally money could be used as a medium of deposit and a medium of settling debts .

So why then did we all grew up hearing and adhering to the adage that money is The Root of All evil , since money is important and beneficial . Well , to understand this adage we must first of all know that this adage is not referring to the physical use of money to satisfy the numerous human wants and needs of mankind , but rather it refers to the way in which individual indulge themselves in order to acquire money today . In today's system of things people indulge in illegitimate and unadvisable way of making money which have led to the cause of varieties of evils and wickedness that we see and hear today , some of which include : killing their fellow man and women for money and betraying other individuals who may have trusted you for money etc . So with this scenario I believe you understand what's the adage that says " money is The Root of All evil " means .

WATFORD

Valued Contributor
Yes the statement is very true people of this days are more lovers of money than people lives to the extent of killing people in order to get money
1timothy 6:10

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
Money indeed is The Root of All evil but if you think of it in literal sense then you will be very wrong . They saying that money indeed is The Root of All evil is actually not talking about the use of physical money that we use everyday to buy and purchase what we want and desire but rather it is talking about how people today make money . It is so sad to see that people today indulge in unwholesome and unadvisable ways of making money and these include harming and killing their fellow men and women just for them to cash out really huge and really responsible amount of money . Money indeed is a very important and valuable to which every individual must endeavour to have but what is not advised is making money with the use of unwholesome and bad ways and strategies because this will not bring any good to you but rather bring unforeseen negative occurrences and you will stab yourself with many pains .

It is 100% advised to make money the legit and right way so that in this case you will make your money to be clean and you will not have any guilt in your heart while spending your money .

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well it may be true in some cases because I have seen a situation in which so many people commit all sort of atrocities just because they are interested to make money online and here we can say that money can be The root of Most evils.

And what I have come to find out is that lots of sin and all these atrocities that is happening in the society nowadays is as a result of money , so probably it is true that money could be the root of all evils that is happening . if there was no need for money a lot of people wouldn't kill another person just because of money and so on.

A lot of people have seen the advantage of money that is why they are working legitimately to earn it and that's just the best way of making money , but so many People because of their huge need for money do commits alot of atrocities just to get it .

I always tend to believe that if there was no need for money nowadays in the society , I believe the society could have been a better place because most killings and criminal activities is because of money.

blessingc

Money has never been and can never be the root of all evil. Yeah you heard me right money is never the root of all evil. That famous quote was gotten from the Holy Bible, 1 Timothy 6:10 never said money is the root but that THE LOVE OF IT is the root of all evil.
It says "...For the love of money is the root of all evil:...".

It speaks of reality, how desperation to get money make people die to have it, give out love ones to have it, kill, steal and destroy to have it.

Before now people work to earn a living, to survive, to eat, cloth and have a shelter, but as time went on money wasn't just earned for the basic or primary purpose, the pursuit of money became an end in itself -- a status symbol -- a measure of achievement.

The rich man begins to feel superior to those who have to earn a living. He can enjoy a life of luxury that is not available to the average person. Money has become so important that men will lie, cheat, bribe, defame, and kill to get it. The love of money becomes the ultimate purpose in life.

Oceans

I believe it's actually the 'love of money'. People can go to any length just to acquire money, irrespective of whose 'ox was gored'. It's no wonder the society is bedeviled with so many atrocities at the expense of making money. Truly the love of money is a breeding ground for evil.

Ajebo25

Verified member
Money is a very essential and a human life that is why human beings need money everyday we go daily just to make money for all family and the two satisfy our personal needs their many reasons why the adage sees that money is the root of all evil this is simply because as many people's try to make money did legal way so others try to make money the illegal way this as cost many dissatisfaction in the society and it will look who they're well the problem we have most in the world is cost by the willingness to make money which has driven many people into making money the illegal way which is very bad.

I think people showed start looking for money in a legal we another two promote the Society because if we talk all this problem in this society I believe that this problem we'll be solved in the society and I think the government should give people who doesn't have jobs tools in a the to promote jobs in the society and in order to solve this problem in the society so I think money is really the root af all revil because it has cause many problem in the society

Mika

VIP Contributor
Money is not the root of evil, money in fact is the wnderful discovery of mankind. Today, you get to eat food without growing food. If there was no money, how could you get food if you did not grow food? You can eat food because you have money to buy food. You have money because you can earn money by working. If there was no money, how would you be paid, and if you weren't paid how would you get something you wanted, food for example. Do some research and try to find out why says money is evil? It is very likely that a religious leader is someone who says money is the root of all evil. He can say so because he does not work to make money, he receives free money from the common people who work hard to make money. By saying money is evil these people are also encouraging people to donate more. If money is evil why do the religious institutions need "evil." Well, I understand that most heinous crimes are committed because these people want money. Well, in this case, it is not the money that is the culprit, it is the greed of the criminal that is the main culprit.