Is Having Money Better Than Education?

Is Having Money Better Than Education?

Yes, I think having money is better than education. Many billionaires did not become what they are due to education. That is my own opinion. Everyone is expected to give his or her own take on the issue.

King bell

VIP Contributor
It is often said that money is more important than education. While it is true that money can buy many things, I believe that education is more important than money. Here are three reasons why I believe this to be true.

First, education can never be taken away from you. Unlike money, which can be lost or stolen, your education is something that you will always have. It is an investment in yourself that will always pay off.

Second, education opens up opportunities that money cannot buy. A good education can help you get a job that you love, meet new people, and learn new things. It can also give you a leg up in the competition for limited jobs and opportunities.

Finally, education is the key to a better future. Money can buy you a comfortable life in the present, but it is education that will help you build a better future for yourself and for the world around you.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
This quite an interesting topic, in today's world everyone talks down the role of education and focus more on what money can do, infact people tends to pay more respect to those who have control of money as compared to those who control knowledge. This is indeed ridiculous.

The place of education can never be compared to any amount of money. Education itself gives true meaning to live, we live to learn. Our lives itself is a teacher. It is so sickening to see alot of rich and highly uneducated people live a wasteful live. The major reason Africa maybe backward today is not as a result of the fact that we do not not have resources or money but the true problem with Africa has a lot to do with our level of education.

There is a very high rate of crime today in Africa all because we do not have educated people occupying position of leadership, and a very high number of our citizens are not educated or are half baked. This is why somany countries are still backward today even in the western world and Asia.

Money in itself cannot bring about transformation but education can transform a mind, and country.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Your opinion is so strong. Most of us will try to deny it but for sure, there are times when it is better to have money than to have an education. This is not to downgrade the power of education but for sure we need money in order to live, you need money to buy the most basic things you need.

If you focus on just getting educated but with no knowledge on how to make money, you may end up living a very miserable broke life. In most nations right now, you will find so many broke graduates with no jobs and no source of income.

That being said, I think that it is also great to have a balance between having money and an education ( ability to read and write, skills and knowledge). It is possible to have it all, just put yourself in the path of both by exploring and being ready to make money and learn.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Years back I would have supported your notion that money Is better than education but with my experience now and what I know now education is still the key. I know some people that were in money years ago and today what is helping out is the education they acquired. if you have money today without being able to sustain it, you might not be able to have it tomorrow.

But with education you can always make money anyhow you want it. Apart from the education you would be getting, education will help you access other areas thar you can make money that would need you just understanding what you should do to make money. Look at money making online. if you are not educated to be able to read and write you might not be able to make money.

So education would make you to continue making moneythan just having money.

Mastergp

Verified member
Many people have ask questions concerning this issues, if having money is better than education well, the both are important to human life because without education one won't understand the value of making money, in school starting from primary to secondary including higher institution student are taught and given guideline on how to make money including it value, quality and why it important to have money all this can exist in humans mind without education.

Many people today prefer going to make money while few ones are putting interest in education well it not their fault, looking around us we could see that things are looking harder than expected and many family can not provide for themselves talk less of sending a child to school to further his or her education.
There is also value in education, many person who further their education are now work in many firm the could manage more than one firm or industry because they are being taught about it and are benefiting from it. Well many people love the present things so that is why they engage in business but in education it takes time and effort before one reap it fruit.

Rin34

Both criteria are important, I think.
Perhaps money seems more important in the short term. Education takes a lot of time, persistence, and in some ways even disciplines and allows you to adapt to the specifics of work as an activity. But even when you work for money, it's important to gain knowledge and improve your skills. So, in my opinion both of these factors work well together. Another issue is that the education received (for example, in college or university) does not always fit the desired job profile. It's never too late to learn.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Education is good but that's not the key at the moment, their is no one you can present education and money, and the person value education than money. It is not done anywhere, money makes life easier without money you can't go to school. During my school time I did not enjoy my school time due to lack of adequate funds. Education without money is valueless, I need money first even if I didn't go to school again. Most of the rich men today didn't go to school. So, I don't know the reason why anyone will value education when money is the necessity in life. Here in my country, attention have shifted away from education, lots of people value entertainment now than what they see in education, education doesn't pay much unless you're very creative to invent something that can solve problem for people and add much value to lives.

Suba

Staff member
It is not easy people can achieve higher education at least get a master's degree, If money is more important why do so many people have to go to school, starting from basic education to finishing at university how much does it cost. Money can run out in an instant, If you have a lot of money but no education it will be easy for people to cheat, That's why my parents prefer to bequeath education rather than bequeath property or money. Parents will be willing to sell their property for the sake of their children's education. Education will make you more confident, have broad reasoning. so I think education is more important than money especially for the younger generation.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It is not easy people can achieve higher education at least get a master's degree, If money is more important why do so many people have to go to school, starting from basic education to finishing at university how much does it cost. Money can run out in an instant, If you have a lot of money but no education it will be easy for people to cheat, That's why my parents prefer to bequeath education rather than bequeath property or money. Parents will be willing to sell their property for the sake of their children's education. Education will make you more confident, have broad reasoning. so I think education is more important than money especially for the younger generation.
Your points are well stated man. But what if after schooling and you have no job after 15 years and soaked in poverty, are you going to appreciate the time you spent in school? most people who attended the highest education here in my country are left with no job, some have business ideas but can't put into reality due to financial constraint. So, some of the younger generation here in my geography have learned the lesson of the past and experience ones, they don't rely only on education for livelihood, entertainment industry is even paying bigger now than the so-called highest level of education. I wouldn't lie, the move is gradually abandoning education for entertainment. But that doesn't mean we don't need education, education is essential when we can learn deeper and be creative to utilize ideas into finish work and make money with it to escape poverty.

Heartstrings

The both are very important,and it is with individual choice. Education makes you more exposed to what life really is, having so much experience,so many field to learn from on education. With education you can get a good job,which brings you good source of income every month. But also there are so many situations where an educated person with a degree spent so many years searching for a job,such person has to end up setting up a business for himself. So you see,it seems education isn't better in such situation

Having money can be better than education,if you set up something for yourself,have money. You can decide to go for education later on, knowledge is never too late to seek. Yes,money isn't Everlasting just as there is no guarantee of your education been useful to you. I have seen a situation where an NYSC person die suddenly,a struggling Young guy. Who was hopping to get a good job after school.

In my own opinion, having money is far better than education

Skysaint

Verified member
Actually , when I saw your question I smiled because my honest answer to this question could be disappointing to many.
First, I would agree with you on the fact that most rich and wealthy people today did not obtain formal education but that doesn't mean that they are illiterates.

The truth here is that education is not a thing that can only be obtained in the class room. So don't limit education to just learning about anatomy and physics. There is a very popular person that I know that didn't obtain formal education but speaks his English so fluent and with the right pronunciation and construction.

And just so you know what my answer is to this very question, I think and believe that making money is actually more important than obtaining formal education especially in this part of the world where so many graduates are without jobs and have no hope of getting one anytime soon.

The formula we know about obtaining a degree is that you will be able to get an office job with a good salary that would let you live a comfortable life. But right now, after all is said and done, graduates will be seen on the streets hustling as though they never attended college.
This is why so many has lost faith in education and are now focused on making money both offline and online.