What are the risk of having too much money?

King bell

VIP Contributor
Inappropriate Thread Discussion
The risks of having too much money are many, and they vary depending on how much you have. With a little bit of effort and some innovative thinking, you can ensure that you’re only taking risks that are worth your time.

First things first: Is your goal to maximize wealth? Or is it to live a happy life? If so, the answer is clear — having more money in one form or another doesn’t automatically mean living an easier life. And if that’s not your goal, then know this before investing everyone else’s money into the stock market: There are a lot of risks associated with making more money than most people make in their lifetimes. Especially when it comes to stocks and less secure investments like real estate.

All of these risks are often more than made up for with the joy and freedom that comes with knowing you have more money than you know what to do with. That in itself is a major confidence booster, allowing you to take risks that you might have been too timid to otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Augusta

VIP Contributor
For me the first thing I noticed about having too much money is that you have very fake people around you just like ants are attracted to honey same is applicable to humans. we are always attracted to money and good things of life so it doesn't take anything from us to try and befriend the person or be with the person with money so that we can be blessed with the money whether we like a person to guts or not

Another issue of having too much money is that if you are not in control, the power of money will be controlling you and letting you do things that ordinarily you would not want to do because there is money you go to any miles to achieve whatever it is whether it will be beneficial to you or not but the good thing about money is that it will help you to live life better and have a good standard of living.

Finger Geek

Verified member
I don't think that there is risky in having too much money. This lost that is been out up, I don't see them as risk.
When you have money, first thing that will come to you is that you will be happy. I am not saying that money will bring happiness but at first the joy of having money will come.

When we have too much money, does not mean that we will have fake relationship. Are we looking for relationship that it will come to the extent that we will have fake relationship from others. One thing I know is that once we are rich, the kind of people we will mingle with will change. We will move will the rich ones.

Also when we have money the way we will be thinking will be different from before. Having too much money does not bring risk to our life, it is us that will bring the risk by doing more than we are supposed to do. And if we live a quiet life, nothing will happen.

uforwealth

Verified member
The risks in having too much money are many. Too much money tends to draw the attention of all kinds of people to the rich. If you are rich, those who hate you and those who like you will come to you for help and if you don't help them you are in trouble.
What about thieves? They will surely come to you for your money either you like to give them or not.

You will always have many calls - wanted and unwanted.

You will always be invited to ceremonies.
The worst part of it is that you may not have enough time to relax and this may cause many bad things.However,that doesn't me we shouldn't pray or struggle to have a lot of money because having a lot of money has its own benefits.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Even though there may be risks in becoming wealthy , but to me all those risks may not be put into consideration because that isn't enough reason for us to stop making money.

The most important thing we have to do in our life is to try as much as possible to make as much money as we can because that is the only way we can live a comfortable and stress free life. Yes I know when you have money , you will not always be going out frequently as you used to do but at least you will be a high valued person compared to a situation in which you don't even have a single thing to offer..

I just need a situation to live a comfortable life and the only way I can achieve this is for me to work hard , dedicate myself and make as much money as I can .

AdFlex

Personally, I think that having too much money can be somewhat harmful to the person holding it.
If you have more money, more people will recognize you, and you will be more prone to trouble in all aspects of your life.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
It is pretty much obvious that every individual want to be rich and wealthy but many people who have been able to accomplish and achieve wealth in abundance have been influenced negatively as a result of the wealth they have achieved and that could be clearly seen in the way they behave and in the way they relate and interact with people. Many individuals who are rich and wealthy usually end up becoming boastful and overconfident about themselves and also they are presumptuous as a result of the riches and wealth there have possibly achieved for themselves.

Which should not be negatively influenced by the way we spend our money and we must always endeavour to be considerate and most importantly remain organised. We become more approachable and more understanding when we are organised and considerate even if we are rich and wealthy. Also when we remain calm and organised despite being Rich we make sure to use our riches and wealth for the most important things.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
I love being rich actually but I have come to discover that their are a lot of disadvantages some of which are dangerous risks that are attached to being wealthy or rich.

First of all, rich people will always have a lot of people around them. We always want to be around acquaintances and people we can trust but it will be very hard for rich people to distinguish between gold diggers and true friends. The rich will really face some relationship issues

Moreso, rich people are always prone to theft and armed robbery. With the rising number in joblessness and unemployment, many persons have resorted to taking advantage of the wealthy and they become robbers who attack mainly the rich and well to do so as to get something to get away with. There are many cases of kidnap involving majorly wealthy people who can afford huge amounts paid to ransom them

arunima25

Verified member
It's a right saying that " Excess of anything is bad". And the saying holds true with money too. Having too much of money comes with its own set of risks..When we have something in plenty, it looses it's value. When money looses it's value, you tend to make irresponsible financial decisions. And some of them can be blunders.
Money if not valued and respected brings a lot of ignorance and arrogance. If it's an easy money, it is more vulnerable to arrogance and ignorance.
Money attracts a lot of vultures to you. It's said that the test of real friendship is during trying times. When you have more money, you will be surrounded by plenty of so called friends. But they are mostly fake ones and they are more of vultures. They are sticking to you for their own personal gains. The true value of relationship and friendship is lost.
And the biggest risk or drawback of having too much money is the loss of mental peace and happiness. One gets addictive to luxuries, making more money and falling for everything materialistic. It takes you away from your inner true self and you are more vulnerable to falling trap of fake life, depression and other sorts of abuses like drugs etc

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I believe there are many risk that attached to get too much money.
When some body get much money and can not control such money then the money will started controlling such a person. What do I mean by saying this?
Some time when some body has money and do not know how to manage it then it becomes a problem because such a fellow will definitely misbehave and it may leads to the person death of care is not taking.
One may always runs in to lose if there is no knowledge of how to control and use such money effectively because the person may be spending on business that is not viable or bring good returns.
At least I think you can see some of the risk in having too much of money.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
It is always said that anything with an advantage definitely has a disadvantage. And unfortunately money itself is not only known for its advantages to human being but can also be known for its disadvantages to the life of humans especially those who have money in abundance and who are considered to be rich and wealthy. It is totally true for money to be a disadvantage for those who have money in abundance, and that can be explaining in the sense that individuals considered to be rich and wealthy engage in activity of irrelevant spending of their riches there by making others to envy into their life and somehow jealousy and envy can also lead to the death of the individual who is rich and wealthy. Such scenario have happened in our world and we can totally testify to this.

It is definitely hard for individual who are rich and wealthy to maintain a low-key life as most of them would want to prove that they are rich and wealthy and would even want the whole world to no them for their riches and wealth. It is not expected and advised to be so. The goal is to act and behave rich and not to look unreasonably rich.