Business Ideas Is farming a good way to become rich?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
This is the problem with the new generation because when they talk about farming, they don't consider it as a good source of income. The truth is, many farmers are living in poverty. I encountered this issue when I went on an immersion in a place where people's main source of income came from farming.

One reason I can see is the lack of knowledge on the people who work on the farm as a source of living. Second, the presence of some bad people or communists who causes threat to the people in the villages and third is the occurrence of calamities.
I so much agree with your point about some farmers lacking knowledge which is why they are poor. In my state, you get to see a lot of farmers who never read books to understand what works or even listen to news to get update about weather forecast and this makes them to always make same mistakes year in, year out.
I would say that they are using trial and error to go about it, so they don't make significant profits.

Cinderella

This is the problem with the new generation because when they talk about farming, they don't consider it as a good source of income. The truth is, many farmers are living in poverty. I encountered this issue when I went on an immersion in a place where people's main source of income came from farming.

One reason I can see is the lack of knowledge on the people who work on the farm as a source of living. Second, the presence of some bad people or communists who causes threat to the people in the villages and third is the occurrence of calamities.

IamDozzy

Farming is a very good way of becoming rich especially if the farming business is mechanized and technology is involved. A lot of North American farmers are relatively rich and they made their money all from farming. A lot of yours these days especially in developing countries like Nigeria do not see the potential of mechanized farming being the source of economic development and liberation from poverty.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Honestly speaking, if you have the support and finance in farming business, it is one of the best way to make money and get rich. What usually makes farming business looks tiring and discouraging is the manual ways of doing their farming work. If they get the right machines to do the business, it will make you get rich.
Absolutely, what makes so many people to belittle the farming and agriculture sector as a whole is because a lot of farmers still use manual methods to carryout their activities and this cause a lot of tiredness and stress that makes them to never look good at all. This makes youths to not even consider farming at all.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Of course family has been very lucrative since time immemorial and it is also lucrative till now. it baffles me that a lot of people think that farming is a poor man's job especially in my country where a lot of youths undermine the benefits of farming. mechanized farming is definitely the best in this present time for anyone who has to become rich in it.

funmi

Verified member
Honestly speaking, if you have the support and finance in farming business, it is one of the best way to make money and get rich. What usually makes farming business looks tiring and discouraging is the manual ways of doing their farming work. If they get the right machines to do the business, it will make you get rich.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Farming is lucrative but the truth is that it cannot be lucrative enough except there is helps from the government. A farmer that plants cassava in large quantities need government patronage to sell off the products. There is no good road to aid transportation of these agricultural produces. And lastly, most farmers do not have access to loans. All these make agriculture less lucrative.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
To be candid with you farming is not an easy business and can never been seen as a get rich quick business. It requires alot of patience as lucrative as it may seems and as good as the calculations or do I say forecasting of profits may be it is really far from the truth. If it were true we won't be seeing all those rough looking farmers.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Word repetition.
Farming is actually profitable because farm products are consumable products but before you can succeed in farming in the modern society you must operate a commercial farming system,the disadvantage of a commercial farming system is that it requires a large capital to start and sometimes an average individual may not have enough capital to buy the machines and all the necessary equipment that is needed for the smooth running of the farming factory.