Business Ideas Is farming a good way to become rich?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
No doubt farming is highly profitable irrespective of insecurity and lack of capital that is ravaging it to slow down. Some gave the capacity and what it takes to succeed in farming but insecurity is taking them away from achieving such aim. Government should look into insecurity especially in the northern side of Nigeria to enable free flow in farming activities.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Whenever I hear somebody talking about farming business I uses to be very happy because its a very viable business. Though it is very important to put some factors in to the consideration whenever one is about to venture in to farming business. And in this case security is very important and whenever there is no good security to succeed in the business will be very difficult.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Food forms a very important part of our everyday lives because an average person eat at least twice a day. But the truth is that agriculture and food production is on autopilot in many countries of the world. This is what explains why if you should look at a majority of the world billionaires only a few of them actually have major investment in agriculture. You can be rich but then you would have had to diversify very well.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In the last 10 years, when my home country switched to modern farming techniques (aqua phonics or hydroponics for examples) a lot of farmers were able to improve their living conditions because their yields substantially grew. Even the urban gardeners who started farming on the terrace and balconies were able to earn extra money.

AmaliaTG

The president of my country is always laying emphasis for the need for more youths to embrace farming as a profitable way of sustaining themselves, especially with the current high rate of unemployment. However, a lot of us do not consider his advise as a wise one since we do not fancy farming as a good way to make money.
This is because we have seen lots of people involved in it and they do not seem to be making any reasonable amount of money that is enough to sustain them and their families.

There is also the issue of insecurity that serves as a threat to Farmers and this also contribute to us not thinking of it as a profitable scheme.
What do you think about farming, do you consider it as a good way to become rich?
For me I consider farming to be a good idea to be making money as long as you have rented or have your own acres of lands to do farming. However, upon selling your harvest, it is also good to sell places where you know you will get profits. Outside your countries for example will bring much more than your local country because your country will have to pay government, which the government will buy your harvest at a very cheap price. So you need to sell maybe outside your country to benefit more in farming. Let's say country like Uganda, their staple food there is bananas and the entire East Africa countries depends on their sweet bananas. How much revenue do you think the UG government makes and how much money do you think those farmers make just by selling Bananas? Not to say that other EA countries can't grow bananas but people prefer the UG ones. Think about it for a second. (I am not from those countries that I have mentioned) it's just an explanation and example. So farming is good if you have the right sources to get profits.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Anyone can become rich through farming, if they have the right skills and tools to carry out their activities on the farm. In my country, people would have loved farming but the government ain't very
supportive.

To be successful at farming you will need some little capital to get yourself a land and fertilizers and some other things to make your farm produce grow faster. Too bad the farms are no longer safe in my country.

Josemendez

Verified member
Farming is profitable because it's product always have daily demand as people will have the need to eat food. The only challenge with farming is that without the aid of machines , it is tedious for the farmer . Another advantage with it is that the farmer do not have to spend much on food items as he will have reserve from his farm.

Good luck

Verified member
Farming is a lucrative occupation generally all over the world.Farming use to be the back bone of Nigeria economy before crude oil.Farmers feed the nation.Without farming there won't be no food and people will not be able to survive. I will encourage everyone to embrace farming even if it is a subsistence method.Farming should be appreciated all over .

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I am fond of plants and trees but I cannot agree with the title of this thread. In our country farming is a lowly job or business that no farmer got rich. What I see is the traders that take advantage of the farmers. They buy the farm products on the price that the trader dictates. That makes the farmers earn very little.
In my country, farming is also considered as a poor man's job. I think confirming is very lucrative if only you invest a large amount of money on it. If you practice mechanized farming and you have the money to buy all the machinery is required and then you will probably be making a whole lot of money from it.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am fond of plants and trees but I cannot agree with the title of this thread. In our country farming is a lowly job or business that no farmer got rich. What I see is the traders that take advantage of the farmers. They buy the farm products on the price that the trader dictates. That makes the farmers earn very little.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Lack of the wherewithal to get funds further incapacitate the youth to farm. Farming go beyond cultivation, harvesting, and selling the farm produce. There are many by-product that we can derive from the farm produce. We could make more money selling the by-products . Embedded in farming are great and endless opportunities
Yes, but it is rather unfortunate that some small scale Farmers do not know about these potentials that farming present and this makes them to look down on themselves and not want to explore to make the most out of the agricultural sector as a whole. It is usually high level of ignorance and low financial education too

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
What you said about capital is really true and it is a very big challenge to so many youths who understand the potentials of farming. They do not have the financial wherewithal and this makes them to forget about it and seek better options like online earninngs that do not require much capital to start.
Lack of the wherewithal to get funds further incapacitate the youth to farm. Farming go beyond cultivation, harvesting, and selling the farm produce. There are many by-product that we can derive from the farm produce. We could make more money selling the by-products . Embedded in farming are great and endless opportunities

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Farming is a big and very lucrative business. I have seen people who are very successful farming in my home country. I have plans doing that too, I just need capital to execute my plans .

In my home country, farmers have a very high chances of making it real big. I have worked closely with them and I know the onions of farming
What you said about capital is really true and it is a very big challenge to so many youths who understand the potentials of farming. They do not have the financial wherewithal and this makes them to forget about it and seek better options like online earninngs that do not require much capital to start.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Farming is a big and very lucrative business. I have seen people who are very successful farming in my home country. I have plans doing that too, I just need capital to execute my plans .

In my home country, farmers have a very high chances of making it real big. I have worked closely with them and I know the onions of farming

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
The small scale Farmers also do not think about adapting to changing trends in our society today. They are always making use of old strategies that no longer work and it is making it difficult for them to earn something that would be enough to sustain them and their families. I think there is a need for more awareness to be created to give more people information about how to better make money from farming and agriculture generally.
Well i think they obviously do need the support of the government to expand , but in places and cases where the government dont value farming things might just remain the same and not change in the supposed way and medium with farmers still using crude implement and making farming slow

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Farming is another way to become rich but in my country it have been another bad means because the environment dosent just suit farming and others , since animals and pest could destroy your farm land , alhough people does it in large scale , so you could farm in large scale and make more money but the small scale farmers' don't benefits more
The small scale Farmers also do not think about adapting to changing trends in our society today. They are always making use of old strategies that no longer work and it is making it difficult for them to earn something that would be enough to sustain them and their families. I think there is a need for more awareness to be created to give more people information about how to better make money from farming and agriculture generally.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
The president of my country is always laying emphasis for the need for more youths to embrace farming as a profitable way of sustaining themselves, especially with the current high rate of unemployment. However, a lot of us do not consider his advise as a wise one since we do not fancy farming as a good way to make money.
This is because we have seen lots of people involved in it and they do not seem to be making any reasonable amount of money that is enough to sustain them and their families.

There is also the issue of insecurity that serves as a threat to Farmers and this also contribute to us not thinking of it as a profitable scheme.
What do you think about farming, do you consider it as a good way to become rich?

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Farming is another way to become rich but in my country it have been another bad means because the environment dosent just suit farming and others , since animals and pest could destroy your farm land , alhough people does it in large scale , so you could farm in large scale and make more money but the small scale farmers' don't benefits more

Augusta

VIP Contributor

Yes, I have seen rich farmer but it is mostly those in commercial sector. Farming is a very lucrative business if you can go full-scale and have the needed tools for easy job. The land must be in hectares too to be able to meet the demand of the people.

Cinderella

Thank you for appreciating my reply, Bookwormlux. You know, I believe that if the current education system will include farming methods and techniques in the school curriculum, I think many people will appreciate the need to learn about this activity. This is one of the things that we should teach the students.

I am also learning how to plant though I am not hoping to get rich from it but maybe to get healthier.