How to Make Blogging a Profitable Career?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Blogging is very saturated niche, there are blogs on every niche you can think of. As a blogger you are at the mercy of Google for traffic as well as revenue.

Do you want to start a blog? Find your niche first.

Do you need help in choosing a niche? Ask yourself these questions.

What am I interested at? Think of your hobbies, expertise, and aspects of your life.

Can I blog on everything I am interested at? You might be interested in lot of things, but you need to focus on a specific area where you have expertise.

Is the niche I have chosen profitable? Not all niches are profitable, do research on traffic, advertising rate on your niche, affiliate products on your niche, etc.

Can I make money from my blog? You can get the answer to this question if you can answer next question affirmatively. Do I have time and passion to devote to your blog?

Mika

VIP Contributor
As a blogger you need to befriend Google because you will be using a lot of Google products. Google has its own blogging platform called blogspot. You can create free blog on blogspot, you can even monetize your free Google blog. Google also has a free blog hosting service called blogger. You can use your custom domain with blogger to create a free hosted website (you need a domain but you don’t need hosting). This process is called domain mapping. Other Google products very necessary for bloggers are Google Analytics, Google Keyword Tool, Google Adsense, etc. You need to befriend Google. However, just one slap from Google (during the update) and you can lose your search engine rank and your entire search traffic can become zero. Just a minor mistake and you can lose your Google Adsense account. Despite everything, blogging can still become a profitable career. When you narrow down your niche, you will find less competition.