Earn Money blogging vs youtubing? Which is more profitable?

D

Deleted member 13140

It's quite difficult to choose between blogging and youtubing,
Why?
We all know both platforms pay well, that's the problem, so some people want to make the best amount of money so they ask

Which is more profitable?
And then the best answer is which is your passion? Not precisely though it's more like what do you love more, making taking pictures/videos or writing.

If you are an introvert and don’t like to face the camera much, you should definitely start a blog! It will be your perfect choice.

Which Makes More Money

I believe traffic is the key to earning in both methods, oh and also monetization Strategy, That's very important

Bloggers like Harsh Agarwal earns more than $30k+ per month.

YouTuber Bhuvan Bam in India is earning more than $60k + per month.

Its just two examples, Google for “Top 10 Bloggers” or “Top 10 YouTubers”
Then tell me your opinion

What's more profitable?

D

Deleted member 13140

Yes, the editing cost money and time editing it, but of you learn graphics design you can edit your videos well with your PC or any desktop computer. The cost of operation of YouTube is free, but in blogging you'll pay for hosting and domain. That's an advantage of starting a YouTube channel. But monetizing YouTube takes time, but in blogging few quality contents and stable traffic is enough to start with ads.
You forgot about getting a good camera or webcam, or even a device with more than 64mp camera and trust me any phone with that should be above 150k in naira.

Okay, Blogging will also cost you uhm hosting and all other things like email marketing subscriptions.

While YouTube costs you webcam which is not above 5k

So let me say both has almost the same advantage and disadvantage

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are people who venture into both blogging and YouTubing and at the end of the day they succeed in the both of them. Some people create content in their various blogs and also create video content of the same and after everything they will post the video on their blogs in order to get more views and subscribers.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
No you got this wrong in some aspect, YouTube, yes you can just post videos once in two days or even in a week. Blogging doesn't have to be 10 content in a week, that's too much, only if you're In the news and entertainment niche then will you need to be posting that long, someone who is in the finance niche or something else can justpost two articles in a week or even one.

The only thing is that as a newbie you got to write write and write so you can keep up.
Well if you think that website management is actually the best, then that is for some people that have interest in website but for me I cannot, and also managing a website and be posting only two articles on weekly basis is going to be boring and people will not I have much topics to engage on

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You forgot about getting a good camera or webcam, or even a device with more than 64mp camera and trust me any phone with that should be above 150k in naira.

Okay, Blogging will also cost you uhm hosting and all other things like email marketing subscriptions.

While YouTube costs you webcam which is not above 5k

So let me say both has almost the same advantage and disadvantage
Your analysis is wonderfully taken, both cost money, but in the aspect of YouTube it cost more if you want to make your videos more classy. But if you don't have such kind of funds, you can simply use a portable phone or desktop with good mega pixel to shoot your videos.

One can start free with YouTube channel, but you can't start free via blogging.

So I'll simply say YouTube is somehow better in that aspect.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I like to think the both has down sides.
Blogging - traffic and adsense approval
YouTube - 1k subs, watch time and approval

I think the both seems the same but separate so the difference is just the number of audience you have.
When it comes to blogging, the terms and conditions to earn isn't more complex a lot ambiguous like the way YouTube demands. In YouTube you'll spend time, and more money promoting it to reach the high requirements. But in website like blog, you just need to gain traffic and upload more quality contents that's all.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The both of them are very profitable but it is usually dependent on your level of knowledge and understanding of how each of them works. You make money from both of them through adsense in the sense that you must drive a lot of traffic before you can be able to make money. It is important you learn SEO well before venturing into any of them, because it will help you monetize quickly.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The audience will determine the profit in the two projects because they are both the same except the fact that while one is visual the other is written. A person that notices that majority of his audience are too lazy to read or they need more illustrations while reading may decide to go into vlogging rather blogging and still be making his profit.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Both has their own economic benefits. When it comes to the one looking likely to start making you more quicker than their is blogging. In Youtubing, you need to promote your channel to hit 1,000 subs, and 4,000 viewing minutes which isn't easy. But in blogging you need to focus on traffic, and article quality.

D

Deleted member 13140

The both of them are very profitable but it is usually dependent on your level of knowledge and understanding of how each of them works. You make money from both of them through adsense in the sense that you must drive a lot of traffic before you can be able to make money. It is important you learn SEO well before venturing into any of them, because it will help you monetize quickly.
Yes, I really believe traffic and monetization strategy is actually what differentiates them somehow.

D

Deleted member 13140

The audience will determine the profit in the two projects because they are both the same except the fact that while one is visual the other is written. A person that notices that majority of his audience are too lazy to read or they need more illustrations while reading may decide to go into vlogging rather blogging and still be making his profit.
It's not actually dependant on the audience okay... anyone who searches Google likes to read stuff, anyone that searches YouTube for answers loves videos so, one should bear in mind that anyone that Comes to their blog, atleast 70% of them loves reading.
But that does not mean people like reading boring things.

Just like how you would skip through a video you already feel like you know the next line, or feel like you aren't getting answers.
The same goes for those visiting a blog

Augusta

VIP Contributor
These two ways of making money online is profitable. But the snag here is how to manage it to make this money. I think making videos yo me is a lot easy but you need tons of traffic to make good money. So for me I prefer making videos than writing

D

Deleted member 13140

Both has their own economic benefits. When it comes to the one looking likely to start making you more quicker than their is blogging. In Youtubing, you need to promote your channel to hit 1,000 subs, and 4,000 viewing minutes which isn't easy. But in blogging you need to focus on traffic, and article quality.
I like to think the both has down sides.
Blogging - traffic and adsense approval
YouTube - 1k subs, watch time and approval

I think the both seems the same but separate so the difference is just the number of audience you have.

D

Deleted member 13140

These two ways of making money online is profitable. But the snag here is how to manage it to make this money. I think making videos yo me is a lot easy but you need tons of traffic to make good money. So for me I prefer making videos than writing
Well I guess you're trying to say it depends on what you love..

Videos content or written content.

For me I love written..

uforwealth

Verified member
YouTubing and blogging are profitable depending on the following factors :

Traffic
Traffic is the total number of visitors to a website, blog, or youtube channel. It determines how profitable a blog or youtube channel could be. The higher the volume of traffic, the higher the earnings and vice-versal.

Content
Quality content on a blog or youtube channel plays a crucial role in the success or failure of the former and the latter. It is what keeps your website visitors or youtube channel coming over and over again. The content should be a problem-solving video or article. Otherwise, your subscribers or visitors could run away.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Vlogging is more profitable than blogging. On youtube, you will earn from views and clicks. It is also easier to get views on videos compared to blogs. I am saying this from my personal experience. I tried bogging and vlogging at the same time but I gave up youtube because I failed to build views and subscribers.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It's not actually dependant on the audience okay... anyone who searches Google likes to read stuff, anyone that searches YouTube for answers loves videos so, one should bear in mind that anyone that Comes to their blog, atleast 70% of them loves reading.
But that does not mean people like reading boring things.

Just like how you would skip through a video you already feel like you know the next line, or feel like you aren't getting answers.
The same goes for those visiting a blog
I get your point and I reason along with it as well. But we got each other wrong. People visit blog for different reasons and not because they like reading. When people need more clarification on some things they read, what they do is to watch the videos on how it is done. That's what I was trying to say.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Both of them are profitable and it is possible to make full-time income with either of them. The basics of making money with YouTube and blogging is to choose a less competitive niche. It can be very hard to progress if you choose a hard competitive niche for your YouTube channel or blog.

Nite

Valued Contributor
If done properly, both Blogging and Youtube can be highly profitable. The thing about Blogging is that we can go back and edit the text if we need to. On the other hand, if the content is in video format, like in Youtube, then it will be much harder to go back and change anything.

D

Deleted member 13140

Vlogging is more profitable than blogging. On youtube, you will earn from views and clicks. It is also easier to get views on videos compared to blogs. I am saying this from my personal experience. I tried bogging and vlogging at the same time but I gave up youtube because I failed to build views and subscribers.
I also tried youtubing also failed because of views and subscribers, but i know of I try again now, with more knowledge I have now, I would get what I want. But i believe blogging is better.

And you also get paid for views in Blogging, which am sure you are aware.
It's called impressions, Google adsense pay for those too and also pay for clicks.

That's why I say it depends on your passion because am starting to believe the both are equally profitable.