Earn Money blogging vs youtubing? Which is more profitable?

D

Deleted member 13140

It's quite difficult to choose between blogging and youtubing,
Why?
We all know both platforms pay well, that's the problem, so some people want to make the best amount of money so they ask

Which is more profitable?
And then the best answer is which is your passion? Not precisely though it's more like what do you love more, making taking pictures/videos or writing.

If you are an introvert and don’t like to face the camera much, you should definitely start a blog! It will be your perfect choice.

Which Makes More Money

I believe traffic is the key to earning in both methods, oh and also monetization Strategy, That's very important

Bloggers like Harsh Agarwal earns more than $30k+ per month.

YouTuber Bhuvan Bam in India is earning more than $60k + per month.

Its just two examples, Google for “Top 10 Bloggers” or “Top 10 YouTubers”
Then tell me your opinion

What's more profitable?

D

Deleted member 13140

Both blogger and YouTubers are profitable but to me I will rather go for blogging and my reason for that is that blogger can get support from members, I mean members can help to post thread, articles and others stuff like that in other to attract visitors but you only post videos on YouTube channel yourself.
Well yes in some way, a blogger can get people to post on their blog, but it's doesn't really work that way completely.
It's either you're paying for guest posts or you're allowing free guest posting and apart from that people will just be spamming your blog if you left it too open for strangers plus Google will probably ban you because someone will definitely want to get backlinks from your site.

N

nasser61

For me , I will say , perhaps that blogging is profitable more than the youtube since I am
in the domain ,most internet users in the world we tour the back to the sites and to the blog, while the video to the youtube is more saturated.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Both of them are profitable as I know but it will actually depend on your interest and the one you have passion for that will determine how successful you will be and also it depends on the niche you will choose for each of them. YouTube might be easier because you will not be writing content all the time.

AfriPeeps Official

I am not sure but from my own experience, I will say blogging is more profitable thank YouTubing because I have blogged before and I have had the opportunity to experience how profitable a blog can be if there is enough traffic, however getting traffic to YouTube can be kind difficult considering the fact be that it consumes lot of data.

D

Deleted member 13140

For me , I will say , perhaps that blogging is profitable more than the youtube since I am
in the domain ,most internet users in the world we tour the back to the sites and to the blog, while the video to the youtube is more saturated.
It's not about saturation or anything, it's mostly what you love doing and which earns you the most amount of money from your country of residence.
In case you haven't heard your location plays a huge role On the amount of money you will make on any of the listed youtubing and blogging.
So basically they are Tons of things to consider before deciding which to start.

I just prefer blogging because I can target audience from first tier and earn well, but YouTube, you might find that a bit different

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Why I choose blogging ahead of YouTube is that, you don't need much editing or equipments to write and put your contents in the right format to update in your forum. The cost to operate a blog is lower compared to the amount you'll be spending editing those videos of yours to reach YouTube channel monetization demands which is a long one.

Phabbyfundz

I would say this depends on your viewer ship the number of people that engage with you on this platforms determines the amount of money you can possible make from owning a blog or been a you tuber. The YouTube pays you according to the number of active subscribers on your YouTube page you can also earn from advertisement .

Timfak

Both blogger and YouTubers are profitable but to me I will rather go for blogging and my reason for that is that blogger can get support from members, I mean members can help to post thread, articles and others stuff like that in other to attract visitors but you only post videos on YouTube channel yourself.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The reason why I love YouTube is the fact that, you aren't spending for hosting or domain plans. You simply create a Gmail+ account and link it up to your YouTube, and that's the first step. You can even upload some users videos who aren't on YouTube or videos who isn't posted anywhere on YouTube via your niche selection and promote it.

D

Deleted member 13140

Both of them are profitable as I know but it will actually depend on your interest and the one you have passion for that will determine how successful you will be and also it depends on the niche you will choose for each of them. YouTube might be easier because you will not be writing content all the time.
Yes passion really has the key here, but I don't think blogging is difficult because you will have to come up with content and sit on the sofa all day writing some piece of content, youtuber is far more difficult, have you ever tried shooting a YouTube video , uts not easy, after shooting you will have to edit it, lots of editing which you will need photoshop skills and alot more and after that the data will increase and if you don't compress it, lots of mobile data will be wasted when uploading the youtube.

D

Deleted member 13140

Why I choose blogging ahead of YouTube is that, you don't need much editing or equipments to write and put your contents in the right format to update in your forum. The cost to operate a blog is lower compared to the amount you'll be spending editing those videos of yours to reach YouTube channel monetization demands which is a long one.
Exactly blogging is far easier and yet also a good passive income stream, YouTube takes a lot of time, when shooting a YouTube video, you will be stressed out, I know this because I tried, I didn't quite though I just knew I wasn't ready yet so I just focused on other things.
YouTube needs editing and lots of data for uploading. No go zone for me there.

D

Deleted member 13140

I would say this depends on your viewer ship the number of people that engage with you on this platforms determines the amount of money you can possible make from owning a blog or been a you tuber. The YouTube pays you according to the number of active subscribers on your YouTube page you can also earn from advertisement .
Well true these platforms pays for engagement. But I think something might be incorrect in your reply, YouTube doesn't pay you for the number of active subscribers you have, okay maybe it seems like that but here is why

Youtube will pay you for your active subscribers, which is the ones that watch your videos.

And they also will pay you for any view you get on your YouTube video whether it's from your number of active subscribers or not.

D

Deleted member 13140

The reason why I love YouTube is the fact that, you aren't spending for hosting or domain plans. You simply create a Gmail+ account and link it up to your YouTube, and that's the first step. You can even upload some users videos who aren't on YouTube or videos who isn't posted anywhere on YouTube via your niche selection and promote it.
Yes exactly, I agree, it's totally free to get started, but well I think if it should be taken seriously then alot of work and skill will be involved. In editing and making the video it self, its not really easy to make a youtube video, plus I think money will be spent but just a little or maybe huge.

If you don't own a camera buy one if you can't buy a new phone and also a phone stand, and some also prefer to own a webcam also.
Point is, all of them, will involve spending one way or another.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yes passion really has the key here, but I don't think blogging is difficult because you will have to come up with content and sit on the sofa all day writing some piece of content, youtuber is far more difficult, have you ever tried shooting a YouTube video , uts not easy, after shooting you will have to edit it, lots of editing which you will need photoshop skills and alot more and after that the data will increase and if you don't compress it, lots of mobile data will be wasted when uploading the youtube.
Both of them has Advantage and disadvantage but I believe that YouTube is very much easier because you do not have to shoot movie all the time, posting at least one video every two days is quite better but on website you have to post at least 10 content in a day to keep it active, which might even be stressful for you to come out with good content on daily basis.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I know some people that are making more money on YouTube than blogging. The only difference is that you can start making money on blogging the day you start if you have the traffic needed or adverts while you nerd to wait for your views to each a particular time before you make money on YouTube.

D

Deleted member 13140

Both of them has Advantage and disadvantage but I believe that YouTube is very much easier because you do not have to shoot movie all the time, posting at least one video every two days is quite better but on website you have to post at least 10 content in a day to keep it active, which might even be stressful for you to come out with good content on daily basis.
No you got this wrong in some aspect, YouTube, yes you can just post videos once in two days or even in a week. Blogging doesn't have to be 10 content in a week, that's too much, only if you're In the news and entertainment niche then will you need to be posting that long, someone who is in the finance niche or something else can justpost two articles in a week or even one.

The only thing is that as a newbie you got to write write and write so you can keep up.

D

Deleted member 13140

I know some people that are making more money on YouTube than blogging. The only difference is that you can start making money on blogging the day you start if you have the traffic needed or adverts while you nerd to wait for your views to each a particular time before you make money on YouTube.
Well it depends which you just want to focus on, both has Search engine optimization features so it depends on the person and their choice.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Exactly blogging is far easier and yet also a good passive income stream, YouTube takes a lot of time, when shooting a YouTube video, you will be stressed out, I know this because I tried, I didn't quite though I just knew I wasn't ready yet so I just focused on other things.
YouTube needs editing and lots of data for uploading. No go zone for me there.
Yes, the editing cost money and time editing it, but of you learn graphics design you can edit your videos well with your PC or any desktop computer. The cost of operation of YouTube is free, but in blogging you'll pay for hosting and domain. That's an advantage of starting a YouTube channel. But monetizing YouTube takes time, but in blogging few quality contents and stable traffic is enough to start with ads.