How possible is it to start a business while in school?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
A lot of students are faced with financial challenges that make them want to start something that would help them make some money and support themselves, especially students from countries where there are not much scholarship opportunities.

In a country like us it is quite difficult to access financial aids and scholarship that can boost ones educational needs and support student in their academic career. Student are but elf with little or no choice but to result in starting up a business to support themselves through school.

The challenges here are students might find it difficult to focus on their education and this might hamper on their success rate academically as they might be somewhat distracted from their academic work leading to poor results.

Do you think it's possible for such students to start a business either online or offline while in school and succeed?

xxxkelseyooo

Yes! I think if they organize their brand and appropriately market towards their target audience, students are more than capable of starting their own businesses.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It is possible for students to involve in business while in school but I will prefer if those businesses are online businesses. This won't take much of his time and he will even be the one set time and schedule on when to work on the business. But if it is physical business, he may be tempted to love one over one.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
the businesses should consider doing well in school should be something you will be free to attend your lecture all the time and should not be something that will take much of your time and concentration, in this case you need a simple business to keep yourself busy that is all.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Finance is hard to come by both for students and others. Students needs money to take care of their academic needs and live free from schools challenging financial issues. Not everyone parents provide 100% income for their academic needs, those who are adrift fight for their own finance about 40%. In order to clear their academic needs and meet up deadline.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My youngest sister was a student when she started her food business. She would cook snack foods and sell it to the neighborhood during weekends when there is no school. From the snacks she expanded to have meals for lunch and sometimes for dinner too. It is not easy as I saw it but it can be done if you are good in time management.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I think it is very possible for a student to start a business while still in school. All they need is good time management and being committed to both school work and the business. For an offline business, they can partner with other students so as to take turns in running the business.