Have you been able to save money during this pandemic time??

It is ironic that we are on the opposite side of the pandemic era effect. Our savings grew because of the lockdown. We cannot travel and our trip to South Korea was cancelled by the airline. That is already a big savings for us. Even our annual trips to the local resorts here have been cancelled. Maybe we had saved $5,000 for 1 year.

The pandemic was a very bad period in time for me because I actually lost a lot of ways in which I was earning consistent money at that time. Saving was very difficult for me and I even had to pull down a lot of my savings that I had been keeping for a lot of time.
Its very bad of covid19. It has caused people a lot, and affected offline business more often. Its never easy to come up with better saving routine when the sources of income is very low couple with needs becoming more demanding than what we are making as income.

The pandemic was a very bad period in time for me because I actually lost a lot of ways in which I was earning consistent money at that time. Saving was very difficult for me and I even had to pull down a lot of my savings that I had been keeping for a lot of time.

For me, saving during this pandemic period has not been easy, especially during the first wave and given that I only have online work as my source of income. So even if my earnings increased due to having more time to work online, I could not save anything as it all went for the expenses. I am glad that recently, I went for a month contract in a certain company and I have been able to save my earnings from there and I will use it to start a business soon.
The pandemic really caused us not to save money we earned. I'm happy that the dreaded disease is slowly erasing on earth. Sooner the earth will return back its normal activities, but the measures to combat it will still be put in place to avoid it entirely. I'm happy you got a contract from a company and you've saved from it to start up your own business. I wish you success as you enter into the business line.

For me, saving during this pandemic period has not been easy, especially during the first wave and given that I only have online work as my source of income. So even if my earnings increased due to having more time to work online, I could not save anything as it all went for the expenses. I am glad that recently, I went for a month contract in a certain company and I have been able to save my earnings from there and I will use it to start a business soon.

I lost my job during the first wave of the pandemic. However, the pandemic also opened new doors. I started working online. I am not earning as much as I was earning from my job, but I am doing well. A lot of people used pandemic as an opportunities, I know many people who are not making money by selling masks and hand sanitizers.
That's true, the pandemic also paved a way for people to make money both online and offline. At least you made adjustment to learning a lucrative skills, being a programmer and also a good Tyler and other numerous which i don't know. Gradually you'll return back to the amount you earned offline, or more as the case maybe.

We are grateful that the pandemic did not affect our job or salary. The earnings continued like before and so there was no financial crunch. And our expenses did come down a lot. No commutation to work save a lot on time and petrol, no more regular movie watching that we did weekly and all outings like monthly dinner and bowling stopped. So we could see our saving increasing. We had to spend much less on our clothes too as it was work from home and dresses were hardly used. Yes, the internet and data usage increased but that is quite cheap here and it was compensated by our employers. So we saved there too.

That's a sad one for people who lost their job during the first wave of the pandemic. Things have changed drastically low since the pandemic emanated. Its just not easy at all, their is steady redundancy in the workplace, either by salary or ousting of employees. Those who engaged in saving money long time for uncertainties like this, aren't all that affected financially with the pandemic.
I lost my job during the first wave of the pandemic. However, the pandemic also opened new doors. I started working online. I am not earning as much as I was earning from my job, but I am doing well. A lot of people used pandemic as an opportunities, I know many people who are not making money by selling masks and hand sanitizers.

If your income did not get reduced due to the pandemic, you would be of course saving quite a good amount this pandemic as you stopped going on vacation, going to recreational centers, going to restaurants, even buying clothes. Sadly, for most people income go slashed, people even lost jobs (I did lose my job when the first wave started)
That's a sad one for people who lost their job during the first wave of the pandemic. Things have changed drastically low since the pandemic emanated. Its just not easy at all, their is steady redundancy in the workplace, either by salary or ousting of employees. Those who engaged in saving money long time for uncertainties like this, aren't all that affected financially with the pandemic.

If your income did not get reduced due to the pandemic, you would be of course saving quite a good amount this pandemic as you stopped going on vacation, going to recreational centers, going to restaurants, even buying clothes. Sadly, for most people income go slashed, people even lost jobs (I did lose my job when the first wave started)

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The pandemic came as a shocker in the life of mankind, no one expected it, cos we're still struggling with the hardship of life, especially for those who doesn't have it all. Challenges ranging from financial struggles, health issues, homelessness, inflation, deflation and internal warfare etc.

This kind of challenges posed serious challenges to mankind, still the pandemic came on, made it worst. Compounding more misery to mankind and especially those that is more vulnerable. Such affected savings, and economic benefits of the business owners and offline gigs.

Making them to go financial degradation, cos the avenue for the business or company to get money was swiftly limited by the pandemic during its early stage.
That led to companies and businesses shutting down and some going on redundancy, by dropping some workers in order to pay what they can afford. All this happened during the first wave of the covid19. I believe things are getting better, and gradually covid19 is shifting away.

With all this effect of the global pandemic, have you been able to save some money to start something tangible in the future post covid19??

Sometimes it is all about luck. I believe in hard work and I believe in trying harder and pushing your limit, but sometimes no matter what you do, you cannot become successful, you continuously fail. Sometimes I have a bad and all of my job applications are rejected on upwork, however, sometimes I get responses from all employees.
That's not bad luck, you aren't bad luck, rather its the kind of time we find ourselves. Competition everywhere, maybe one of your competitors application is favoured ahead of your own, based on his or her below asking price for the tasks. That happens to me via freelancer.com site, but i wouldn't be discouraged to keep on applying.

The positive about you now working independently, is that no one detects for you what to do and when not to do it. At least you're the boss of your own, doing things at your own normal will. Even if you're earnings aren't matching your offline gig back then. But consistency in your online gig will take you past your previous earnings in the future.
Sometimes it is all about luck. I believe in hard work and I believe in trying harder and pushing your limit, but sometimes no matter what you do, you cannot become successful, you continuously fail. Sometimes I have a bad and all of my job applications are rejected on upwork, however, sometimes I get responses from all employees.

Great! What ever happens to your life, you should never give up. You should always be hopeful that better times will come. When I lost my job, I was kind of depressed for a couple of weeks. Then I decided to do something on my own. I am doing good, not as good as when I had job, but at least there is no one to dictate to me what I should be doing.
The positive about you now working independently, is that no one detects for you what to do and when not to do it. At least you're the boss of your own, doing things at your own normal will. Even if you're earnings aren't matching your offline gig back then. But consistency in your online gig will take you past your previous earnings in the future.

Great! What ever happens to your life, you should never give up. You should always be hopeful that better times will come. When I lost my job, I was kind of depressed for a couple of weeks. Then I decided to do something on my own. I am doing good, not as good as when I had job, but at least there is no one to dictate to me what I should be doing.

I have not been able to earn living properly, let alone saving money. At the beginning of the pandemic, I lost my job, which was paying a high amount. When I did not have income source, I started working online, it took a while to understand how things worked. Now looks like I am settled, I am generating some money.
Very nice that you're generating full-time income online since you lost you full-time job offline. I see the waves you've made through your engagement. On PTP sites, and your programming skill which you told me about, that earns you reasonable amount of money via upwork. I just trying to improve on my own, add some skills to earn full-time online and offline, through my indoor business.

I have not been able to earn living properly, let alone saving money. At the beginning of the pandemic, I lost my job, which was paying a high amount. When I did not have income source, I started working online, it took a while to understand how things worked. Now looks like I am settled, I am generating some money.

No one saw the pandemic coming neither did people prepare adequately well for the lockdown. But just as the saying goes, necessity is the mother of inventions. People have found various ways to earn money. Personally, I have found myself including like at least three sources online to augment my offline salary and I thank God I have made what is enough for me now.
I'm happy you've made what is enough for you at the moment to make yourself comfortable during this unprecedented hard time posed by the global pandemic and the economic hardship in our country. We aren't suffering covid19 anymore in Nigeria, just economic hardship is just tormenting us cos of bad govt allowing prices of food stuff to rise and lowering the means of making money in the country legitimately.

Last edited:
No one saw the pandemic coming neither did people prepare adequately well for the lockdown. But just as the saying goes, necessity is the mother of inventions. People have found various ways to earn money. Personally, I have found myself including like at least three sources online to augment my offline salary and I thank God I have made what is enough for me now.