Have You Been Uncomfortable On A Forum?

Kendy

Verified member
Most of us here belong to one or more forums and as humans, we would always have our preferences over another. There is a particular forum I have read on different pages about the constant and unverified banning of users. From the reviews I gathered, if you are active too much on the forum, your account might get banned for no obvious reason. There is a friend of mine who was working on the forum diligently by sticking to the rules and contributing her quota but she got banned on the basis that she was posting trash. How possible could that be? This is someone who gets a whole lot of likes on her comments and many people loved to follow her. This same forum like I said earlier, so many others have complained bitterly concerning the same trend. This makes me feel uncomfortable to even join such a site because I do not like a place where one's contribution is not guaranteed and it makes people feel uncomfortable. As a forum owner, it is good to be disciplined but banning account rigorously without any warning if at all the person had made an offense is totally not right from my point of view. Since I joined Trendri forum, I feel at ease here because I know when I stick to the rules, I have no fears.

Have you ever been made to feel uncomfortable in a forum?

Rachael

Verified member
Well, I know the major reason we invest our time on a forum is to earn something substantial from it and when achieving this aim becomes a barrier, it keeps us in a devastating state of the mind. There are many forums I have come across and also some reviews although I do not judge a forum based on only the reviews because some positive reviews on a site might be doctored. I have come across a forum where the admin would promise some points or set up a challenge for everyone to go to a particular site which sort of gave a negative remark and give a positive review concerning the site. Like I said, I like to have a first-hand experience before I give my opinion and I have been made to feel uncomfortable on a site where I registered barely within a week and my account got banned for no obvious reason but posting of trash. How would it be possible that my contribution would be trash when it is related to the subject matter.

Well, I did not feel bad because this confirmed that all the negative reviews were actually true. At times, if you are very dedicated to the forum, it would be to your detriment because you stand a higher chance of getting your account deactivated and I wonder the need of creating a forum if you find it discomforting when the users are active. Inasmuch as they are after the incentives which they have a right to, they are also contributing their quota and keeping the forum alive.

Nite

Valued Contributor
If you are feeling uncomfortable working on a website, then I think you should leave it as soon as possible. It's not just about earning money, we need to feel comfortable as well to be able to carry on with our work.

As for me, I haven't encountered any such forum uptill now where I would feel uncomfortable to work. I guess, it also depends on website to website, some websites are stricter with their rules, some aren't that much strict. As a user of the forum, we shouldn't try to make too much posting at a time. It's better if we create a balance in writing our posts.

E

eldavis

I was once in a forum where the people there where really nice, but i still felt uncomfortable because of how the admins where running things there. They where so strict and even taking actions for no reason. I felt so uncomfortable there because I could not freely express myself.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Their are lots of forums with their own rules, when you feel such kind of rules isn't suiting to your plans, it will be better not to waste much time on the forum. To me, I don't see why a forum admin will be too mean about his rules on the forum he owns. A forum admin is meant to be jovial and loving to his member users. I can't spend time on a forum that doesn't value my input when I know I am not spamming the forum nor violating any of it's rules. I've been around on several forums, I've always respected myself alot, by abiding by their rules and not flouting any of it's rules till date. But still, their are some admins who doesn't get it that way, still they still find out error by all means to make me feel bad, by banning me, it has occured more than once, and the forum is a popular one, just that I don't want to mention about the forum. Because, it has passed, their is no need rolling those bad memories back.

arunima25

Verified member
If you are uncomfortable with any forum site, it's better to quit it. I would like to work on a forum that makes me feel comfortable and I feel that I can contribute something valuable there. There is a forum site that is very popular and very professional. But I could not be there for long as I was not interested in the kind of discussions they had. They were good, informative and professional, but I found myself lost there as I couldn't contribute much to the discussions. So, I left the forum.
Online earning is a part time thing for me.. I love to interact with people around the globe and learn and share. So, I stay with the sites and forums that meets that requirements. I want to feel relaxed when I come online in the very little free time that I have. And I wouldn't like to work on a site that doesn't makes me comfortable and is not interesting.