Fraternizing with customers

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This style is what I admire to some Chinese friends in dealing with customers. It is music to my ears to hear them saying my name when they greet me. Even in the short chat about the product that I am buying, the owner would often mention my name and even ask if I had my car outside or if I walked to the store.

As the saying goes, big things come from small things. Those small conversations would mean a lot to the customer that I never thought of going to a rival store. I feel comfortable with the guy who treats me as a friend and not an ordinary customer. I remember an invitation that we play badminton sometimes. That’s great to hear from a store owner.

I visit a certain coffee shop regularly because the manager remembers my name, knows what I do, he even knows I lost my job last year and now I am working online. I am a regular visitor because the manager is just like a friend. The grocery store I visit every day talks about my dog, he even remembers once my dog was poisoned and he nearly died. That's why I visit the store regularly.