Fear is the greatest reason for failure

Diapason

I don’t think that fear is the only reason behind all the market failures. Some traders have a hard time understanding the market and sometimes, the market makes sudden moves that no one can think of. Sometimes, traders get scammed because they are too excited to make money and sometimes, they become revenge traders and over traders.

LaneBall

Fear is definitely the biggest reason for failure not only for forex trading but for all fields of life. Fear restricts the trader to enter even in trades that have a high potential for profit because they are constantly thinking about the loss.
Therefore, I always advise and suggest traders that they should not let their negative emotions take over when they are trading, which will help them think and analyse the situation with a clear mind.

Shaf

Verified member
While fear is definitely responsible for the failure of a lot of traders, it's also the one thing necessary to keep us in check, and can sometimes be the reason a trader maintains his portfolio.

There's a reason why the market uses a fear and greed index to measure trader's sentiments and position about the market,.and not just one of them. Striking a balance between the two, knowing when to take profits, when to cut your losses, when to buy and sell are important for every trader.

If someone is adequately fearful about loosing money, you won't invest more than you can afford to lose, you'll use the right risk management techniques, take profit at set point instead of expecting more profit which can turn out to be a loosing trade.

Fear is even more important for.thise who trade futures, because a small change in price die to manipulation or news can liquidate an already profitable position.

Overall, I believe fear is good in trading forex, if used correctly.

Fartsdump

Traders fear mostly if they do not have appropriate knowledge and skills or if they have risked more than they can afford. It is important to make rational decisions to make winning trades.

Brijesh Mckee

Most people are fascinated by forex because they think it is an easy way to earn money. Sadly, this belief opens up Pandora's box of problems for them. They fail to recognize the importance of learning, education, knowledge, skills, practising, etc. This becomes the greatest reason for failure. Because without knowing anything about forex, trading is just gambling.

Misology

Fear makes traders more thoughtful about the trades they enter and exit. So, I don’t think fear is a reason for failures. Sometimes, it becomes the reason for keeping traders from failures.

rahim299

I too have fear when i trade without stoploss. By setting up stoploss in the system my mind is prepared if im going to lose what i had decided.

Critomancy

Fear is the greatest threat to success. Fear stops you from taking action, and when you do not act, you are trailing yourself behind millions of action-takers. Some of them win, some of them lose, but the non-action taker remains in the same place with no growth. So face your fear and dare to act.

maidnagi

Financial markets are complex, but if you have the right tools, there's nothing to be afraid of. If you're new to the world of investing, then start small and increase your trading size as you become more confident. Because at the end of the day, what you lose on the swings, you make up on the roundabouts.

Jack Reacher

Verified member
I always recommend traders to innovate new strategies to bring discipline in trading. I prefer RSI and stokistic combined strategy. In the same way, I suggest traders use a well-defined and proven strategy to make average profit. Demo accounts to make a judgment over your strategy.

Sikapa

Verified member
Sometimes we don't have have to blame ourselves much on something that we couldn't do. We have to be free with our past so we can start what is in the future and this is human race. In life, we fail, we learn and we grow. I remember the first time I fell into a scam site, this was not something that was easy and the fear of this scam sites grew within me.

What should I do next? Do I have to base on something what had happened in the pass to give up? No, is either I kill that fear in me or the fear in me kills me. Therefore I ignored everything and move on in life to look for a better future and today I'm still in the game of online money making. Although I'm not yet succeed but I'm not a loser too and I'm still trying to win more.

Asahi

Verified member
Candlesticks’ knowledge is much important for binary option traders. A binary option is a type of option with a fixed payout in which you predict the outcome from two possible results. If not, you lose your initial stake, and nothing more. The number of such traders is increasing day by day because it’s a suitable pick.

King bell

VIP Contributor
No one ever said that forex trading was easy. In fact, it can be quite daunting and intimidating for those who are new to the game. The biggest obstacle that new traders face is overcoming their fear. Fear of making a loss, fear of not knowing what they're doing, fear of the unknown. All of these fears can lead to failure.

The first step to overcoming your fears is to understand them. What is it that you're afraid of? Once you know what your fears are, you can start to address them. Do your research, read books and articles, talk to other traders. The more you know about forex trading, the less afraid you will be.

Another important step is to have a plan. Know what you're doing and why you're doing it. Having a plan will help to keep you focused and on track. It will also help to keep your emotions in check. When you have a plan, you're less likely to let your fears take over.

Finally, don't be afraid to take risks. Yes, there is always the potential for loss when you're trading in the forex market. But there is also the potential for huge profits. You won't make any money if you're too afraid to take risks. So, take a deep breath and go for it.

Fear is the greatest reason for failure, but it doesn't have to be. If you understand your fears and have a plan, you can overcome them and succeed in forex trading.

Tactical

Fear is the greatest hurdle in your journey towards success as a forex trader. Fear is there to warn you and protect you from threats but too much fear will become a threat for you itself. So we need to overcome that fear and keep it in control while trading. Fear will keep you safe as long as it is rational. Irrational fear can interfere with your thinking and trading decisions. So avoid being fearful while trading.

Henpeck

Fear of losing trades makes a trader weak. Fear of missing opportunities makes a trader make wrong trading decisions. Fear of losing money makes a trader exit trades early. So, I can’t deny that it is a major reason why traders lose in the forex market.

Tubiform

Trading is a risky game and being fearful about losing your money comes naturally. But it shouldn’t keep you from seeing the market the way it is. Learn to stick to your plan and you will be able to overcome all the obstacles that come your way.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Fear is a natural human emotion that can be both beneficial and detrimental to our lives. When it comes to failure, fear can be the greatest reason for it. Fear of failure can prevent people from taking risks and pursuing their goals, as they are afraid of the potential negative outcome. This can lead to missed opportunities and a lack of progress.

People may fear failure because they are afraid of being judged by others, or because they are afraid of not being good enough. This fear can be so strong that it causes people to procrastinate and avoid taking action altogether. They may also become overly self-critical and have a hard time accepting constructive feedback.

However, it is important to remember that failure is a natural part of the learning and growth process. Without failure, it would be difficult to improve and achieve success. Instead of fearing failure, it is important to embrace it and learn from it. This means being open to feedback, taking risks, and being willing to make mistakes.

In order to overcome the fear of failure, it can be helpful to set realistic goals and to have a positive attitude. It is also important to have a support system in place, such as friends and family who can provide encouragement and motivation. Additionally, it can be helpful to remind yourself that failure is not the end, but rather an opportunity to learn and grow.

In conclusion, fear of failure can be one of the biggest obstacles to achieving success. It is important to understand that failure is a natural part of the learning process, and to take steps to overcome this fear by setting realistic goals, having a positive attitude, and seeking support. Remember, failure is not the end, but rather an opportunity to learn and grow.

Jack Reacher

Verified member
Keep yourself apart from trading if you don’t know the exact market direction. Here is the role played by technical analysis. You can also take geopolitical condition under your consideration as part of fundamental analysis because it helps. All the facilities of Eurotrader broker are risk management-friendly.

Dita Walczak

Verified member
Everyone is hellbent on earning success in trading but not many traders can’t be doing this. Develop your trading approach first and then go for a regulated trading broker. FXOpulence allows traders with a free educational program and a free demo account.

FXOchartist

Verified member
Only fears as the reason why many traders fail, but a lack of knowledge and also poor risk management, and greed in trading a, also dangerous and should to avoided, Understanding mistakes will help traders to get improvement trading skills because they will try what to do and not to do, you can learn top reason forex traders fail at FXOpen blog