Fear is the greatest reason for failure

Jack Reacher

Verified member
Fear is the greatest reason for failure. Fear is a significantly compelling human feeling. Fear of losing money in trading is extremely perilous. That is the reason controlling feelings is the way to achievement in trading. Furthermore, to control feelings you have to restrained. You likewise need to diminish your hazard and have an appropriate money management and risk management arrangement. Each individual's psychology is diverse so you need to out your own particular strategy that suits you the most. I am trading with Eurotrader, a regulated broker. It provides me a wide range of services including low spreads, 1:500 leverage and instant trade execution.

Victorial

Fear of missing out on trades. Fear of the trade of using SL and hoping the trade will not hit SL. Fear of not using a high lot size and decides to use a lower lot size instead. These and many more are the major causes of running losses while trading. I fall into all the categories anyway. Choosing the best broker will not solve the problem unless the broker is a bot that trades automatically and get
profits even in the most difficult moment.

I hope to get over it and gain more confidence over time as I trade often

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Fear is the greatest threat to success. There are many people that would have succeeded by now but are being hampered by the fear. The fear is not only limited to the online business alone but also the offline too. There are many out there that are even fear to take a step towards a successful journey.

I don't really want to remember how much I have lost just because I am scared especially when I work on cryptocurrency trade. I could remember when I cashed out some coins only for the coins to start going upwards direction after withdrawing my money.

There are various ways of fighting against fear. The first thing is that we need to be very sure of the step that we want to take. My dad will tell me that if it doesn't scare you, it doesn't worth you. But when we are sure of our strategy and we are very sure of our intuition, then we are not concerned about that fear.

We don't need to invest heavily on a project that we don't really know. We should try to start in a small say First before we start working towards enlarging it with much money.

waldgrave

Fear is the biggest reason for failure in the forex market. We all know that the market keeps fluctuating. Trading is all about taking advantage of these market movements. Many traders are not able to control their emotions which result in making wrong trading decisions.

Archipelago

Yes, fear is the biggest reason for failure in the world of forex trading. That fear of losing can be so overwhelming that it literally stops a trader from making profitable trades. Fear of losing money is one of the leading causes of anxiety disorders, and it can be a real hindrance to success in forex trading.

Suba

Staff member
Everyone will have a fear that often makes forex traders lose money. Fear is a psychological moment which will affect the style and trade plane of traders so that it will determine the final result of profit or loss.
Most traders are trapped in fear due to a lack of self-control. I think the hardest part in trading is the psychological factor, if you ask a professional trader they will probably say the same thing. Fear will often make traders to be too careful, afraid to enter so they will miss a very profitable opportunity in the market, sometimes traders are afraid to close a position that is already losing money, or they are too hopeful of a reversal of price movements. From my description above, it is concluded that we must be able to control fear. Among them is to keep practicing trading, because the more often you trade on a real account, the more you will be able to control yourself and also you need to avoid Revenge Trading.

Hooligan

With fear, you can never become a successful trader because trading is all about risks. And if you are scared to take risks or lose money, then you’re more likely to fail. Try to avoid fear by taking small risks and doing trading in your comfort zone.

Symphonia

You should have a proper system in place to overcome this problem. Find out what causes you to pull out a trade. Are you taking profits or cutting losses too early? Are you trading on news? Once you find out your bad habit, try to change it. When you have a proper trading system, it is easy to trade without letting the fear of losing get to you. Use stop loss orders, keep a trading journal and trade with a trading plan to overcome fear of loss.

Genesiology

Fear is an emotion that causes decline in self confidence and results in mental instability during trading. It is not the one of the major causes of loss but it affects in a significant manner. Due to fear, a trader is unable to analyse the market and build strategy using their own knowledge and experience. It raises the anxiety and decreases the number of orders placed in a time due to fear of loss.

Trigonal

True, it can be. It is for many traders, fear of losing money. That is why risk management and knowing how to handle emotions and risk is so important.

cashisking149

That fear stems from a lack of knowledge, practice and trust in a tried and tested strategy.

Franchise Solomon

Fear is the greatest reason for failure. Fear is a significantly compelling human feeling. Fear of losing money in trading is extremely perilous. That is the reason controlling feelings is the way to achievement in trading. Furthermore, to control feelings you have to restrained. You likewise need to diminish your hazard and have an appropriate money management and risk management arrangement. Each individual's psychology is diverse so you need to out your own particular strategy that suits you the most. I am trading with Eurotrader, a regulated broker. It provides me a wide range of services including low spreads, 1:500 leverage and instant trade execution.
Yeah, this is what is happening in the crypto market of recent, fear of crash, fear of losing invested money. LOL, people are like 'Oh! I need to take what I can before it all goes down the drain'. Fear of the unknown. But finally, that's why we are humans.

Impetrate

I think fear is not the greatest reason for failure but it also has a significant effect on trading. Due to fear, we lose confidence in our strategies and become mentally unstable, which leads to mistakes. Trading with a stable mind is very important to achieve long term success.

Theanthropic

I agree. When you don’t want to take risks, when you always play it safe no matter what, you have already begun to lose the game. Most traders are fearful of losing when they are trading with the money they can’t afford to lose.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Fear is not the reason why people are losing . You cannot just expect people with little understanding of the forex market to go into trading . Even if the person is not afraid of anything , the possibility of making money here will be very low and the person might lose all his or her money to the forex market because such traders does not know how to trade. I refuse to be encourage here that people can just be confident to trade the volatile market without any understanding . This will not work no matter how you may try ..

Understanding is the most important thing because when people understand what he or she is doing , such person will not likely have the fear of losing because automatically you know how to predict the market on your own. That is the most important thing we have to pursue if we are really serious to trade the forex market.

Rookery

True to every word.
Forex traders have an impending fear in their minds. This makes them extremely sensitive and open to making mistakes. Firstly the biggest fear is that of loss. What if their loss is more than the total profit they are making? Secondly, traders have this fear of what if the market turns against what they predicted it to be? The grey cloud of fear always takes the ability of a man to think clearly.
That is why practising mindfulness, mental health, and developing a positive trading psychology is very essential. It is also more important to use risk management strategies so that they curb their losses.

Zonked

I agree, fear is definitely one of the biggest reasons for failure. Fear, often paired up with, or caused by, overthinking that has been influenced by personal life instances, causes the biggest threat to a man’s freedom to think. The restrictions they impose on their mind subconsciously usually prevent them from making good plans that can actually be profitable.

Ponmo

Yes I agree, fear is one of the reasons people lose in the forex trading market. We are humans and managing emotions is a tough task and especially when it’s about our money we fear a lot. So, remember to never risk an amount you can’t afford to lose because the market is highly volatile and risky. With proper learning and experience you can control fear but it solely depends on your psychology.