Ever Lost A Business To A Co-Partner?

Kendy

Verified member
There are so many ups and downs in setting up a business. One of the greatest barrier that might impede one from starting a business is always capital. As such, a potential business owner can be forced without an option to partner with someone else so that the cost would be reduced and shared equally between the both parties. We have heard diverse of negative reviews when it comes to partnership in business and this is one reason some people prefer to operate alone and start small of need be just to boycott the casualties that comes with partnership. I recall one of my aunt who use to supply a popular native plant to a restaurants and top hotels and since the deal was too much for her, she decided to bring in her friend to partner with her.

Unfortunately, my aunt fell ill and told her friend to manage it for the main time. She never would have suspected that her friends would turn around to tell her major clients that my aunt who is ill is no longer interested in the business. When my aunt recovered, she waited for so long and none of her client asked her to deliver the plant so she took it up to go and find out, where she discovered that her friend had told them that she is no longer in the line of business. She lost the business in a blink of an eye because the contracts was now going to her former Co-Partner. Have you ever lost a business to a Co-Partner?

Share your experience!

Rachael

Verified member
Actually, I have never been in a situation where I have lost a business to a co-partner but I have heard of such cases, When I first started my janitorial services, I was operating without a partner and I missed some contracts because it conflicted with some offline engagements and this is one reason which made me decide to take a partner and I hope such ordeal does not befall me. These days, to trust someone is more like a criminal offense and this is why, most people refuse to go into partnership rather they would operate on a very small scale. There is a relative of mine who lost her salon business to her very close friend but now, they are no more in talking terms.

This relative of mine had operated the business alone but when the noticed the influx of customers, she found it very hard to cope alone and thought to bring her friend since she was idle but after some months, my aunt had developed a chronic ulcer sickness and was aware for almost seven months and during this time, my aunty got some reports that her shop has been closed down for sometime but she doubted and said that her partner is always around. Do you know that this her friend, opened her own saloon in just another street not far from the former salon and took all the customers there. When my aunt recovered partially, she knew that her business was gone because she must have told the customers that she was no longer operating. It gets harder to engage in partnership.