Have you ever lost your crypto coin to scammers, is it retrievable?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
I haven't lost my bitcoin to any scammer but I have lost it to a ponzi scheme where I invested and at the end everything crashed out. I lost my bitcoin but not to scammers .I will advise for everyone to secure their wallet with the two step verification and make sure they don't give people unwarranted access to their account or wallet.

We need to always activate the the two factor authentication, this is to make sure that nobody hacks into our wallet and steal our coin. Again we must be careful of kind of offers we accept demanding us to send some coin to them for a service that is not really clear they might be looking for ways of scamming us.

Because I believe as soon as you sent the coin to scammer it can't be retrieved.

What's your view in this?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I have to a scamming site last 2 years, well I didn’t know about the trick, I played a game and won some money. I was told to get the money I need to pay for the processing fees which wasn’t much to me. I did and that was the end of my bitcoin. I couldn’t retrieve it

OlaAdams

well said brother. i personally, am skeptic with bitcoin and other crypto currencies but withstanding i still know how to find my way around it. Another very important thing you talk about is the two step authentication verification. On a lighter note i will also recommend the use of the Authentication app for verification as some apps/platform those not have

Ajebo25

Verified member
That is what I hate when it comes to crypto and that is the more reason to why you should be more carefully online especially when the payments is through crypto currency, you should always know that what ever transaction which you make through crypto is secured and irreversible, unless the person which you sent the crypto decided to refund you back, there is no way you can get a refund this is the main reason why people on the dark web uses crypto for sending and receiving payments because it makes both the sender and receiver to be anonymous while performing transactions.

You should never share your crypto wallet logins and or passphrase with anybody because with that they can get into your crypto wallet and withdraw all your funds for most security I suggest you use trust wallet.

Suba

Staff member
Before 2018, I was often trapped by scammers, both on wallet sites, exchanges, fraudulent investments, cloud mining, P2P, and of course I lost a lot of crypto. even recently the end of 2021, I was also trapped by a scammer Expresscrypto, micro wallet, The amount of $50 in the form of Tron which was staking, disappeared, because the site disappeared because the data base was badly damaged, Take a lesson from all online scams and be honest, I don't never expected lost crypto to be retrievable. because this is not possible.

Phytology

Thanks for starting the conversation because not many people like to talk about the scams that happen as a result of traders trying to take a shortcut for making money. Traders need to understand that they will have to develop an understanding of the market to be able to make money. Anyone asking for access to your wallet or asking to send your coins so that they can trade for you will turn out to be a scam and you better not let that happen.