Have you ever lost your bitcoin to a scammer?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
I haven't lost my bitcoin to any scammer but I have lost it to a ponzi scheme where I invested and at the end everything crashed out. I lost my bitcoin but not to scammers .I will advise for everyone to secure their wallet with the two step verification and make sure they don't give people unwarranted access to their account or wallet.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I have never lost bitcoin to a scammer but it happened to a friend of mine just of recent. Those scammers absconded with my friends money when he wanted to change his Bitcoin to another cryptocurrency. His saw a juicy offer on telegram, he fell for it because he was desperately looking for money at that time. He was blocked from the telegram group immediate after he has send his Bitcoin to their wallet.

I haven't lost any bitcoin or the money to a scammer because I usually buy my bitcoin directly from someone I trust, my mentor who brought me into cryptocurrency world. Its good to verify your bitcoin seller before making payment to him or her to avoid scamming

Victor001

Sometimes, until you experience it you would never know how it feels, sometimes it's out of greediness that we loose money,I lost my first Bitcoin earlier last year due to greediness on my path,after investing in the platform,I gained double of my funds which I would have left,I refunded with the mentality of tripling my funds,and I am still regretting.

Teatea

I've never been scammed of my cryptocurrency before but I've heard news of people getting ripped of their bitcoin or any other coin. I'm always cautious when transacting with a stranger on social media platforms especially telegram, most telegram crypto currency exchangers are not trustworthy and anyone that is not smart enough or greedy will be scammed.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I have actually not lost my bitcoins or my money to any scammer. I am always careful whenever I am dealing with anyone both online and offline. I have heard the story of people who has been scammed through sending of fake bitcoins. Bitcoin or cryptocurrency transactions are untraceable and cannot be recovered when lost, so I always advise people to be careful when transacting in cryptocurrency.

Samuel72

Verified member
According to my own point of view it is normal for people to lost their bitcoin to a scammer if they are not vigilance, I'm saying this because it's happened to me once, then I was new on bitcoin investment. It was my first time someone actually sent some bitcoin to me, the person was a friend of mine from another country, I was suppose to sell the Bitcoin and get some cash, so I sold it out to an open Friends whom I met on the website, he asked me to transfer the bitcoin to him and also with my account number when I transfer the Bitcoin, he did not send me any money that was the end

Hena101

I have not but i heard of many people that share how they lost a lot of bitcoin to scammers which i find it very disheartening and fell their pains. But me the only thing i can say is i lost a lot of bitcoin to mining different mining site where i mined bitcoin but unable to withdraw after taking a lot of my time mining it and I'm the process lost data and my phone battery

springtech

I have heard of people who lost good money to Bitcoin scammers, some even lost their bitcoin in the process of selling to someone in a whatsapp or telegram group. Have you ever had any such experience or witnessed something similar in a group. Let's discuss.

Adetayo100

I haven't lost my bitcoin to scammers before but two of my friends have lost theirs in the hands of scammers, i don't normally trade with a third party when buying or selling bitcoin, what i do is i sell directly to the site and they deduct there commissions which is low compared to if you lose everything in the hands of scammers.

D

Deleted member 28127

There are so many scammers on telegram and WhatsApp that form be a buyer of bitcoin, and they have techniques of doing this in which you will not be aware of the their true colour. The only way to avoid been scammed is to trade on verified site and the only verified staff I know of is binance peer to peer.
Effectivelly, there is a bot Crypto Claimer Bot I invest bitcoin to reach payout fast and they have system of key not mentionned in beginning so if you invest 0,001 BTC you are able to withdraw 40 % of this amount of money add to referring compaign cost so you are obliged to bring investors to get back your money spent and there is a lot of system that are working like that. So withdrawal depends on number of keys obtained by your or your downline investment.

Planet408

Yes I have lost my Bitcoin to s scammer two years ago. There was this site which promised steady returns of daily profits. I registered with them and funded my account with them with about $50 worth of bitcoins, they paid me for a few days and blocked me and my refferal immediately my refferal invested up to $500 worth of bitcoins.

Olajidey

There are so many scammers on telegram and WhatsApp that form be a buyer of bitcoin, and they have techniques of doing this in which you will not be aware of the their true colour. The only way to avoid been scammed is to trade on verified site and the only verified staff I know of is binance peer to peer.

Haypril

I have not been scammed before by the means of bitcoin. Knowing that transactions in Crypto currencies can not be traced, I have always learned to take precautions when transacting with digital currencies. I have invested in Crypto currencies and I have had my fair share of the national cake the coins has presented.

eojo2401

I have not been scammed by bitcoin scanners but I has lost bitcoin to MMM in the year 2018. I was foolish to have used bitcoin for such ponzi scheme. Assuming I stored that bitcoin in my wallet till now, I would have become a millionaire by now, anyway it is well. I have learned my lesson and I will not be foolish to go into anything gambling or ponzi scheme anymore.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I never really experienced crypto scam right from when I started trading digital coins. I never invested wrongly, not that I haven't lost my investment, i have. But not through scam, but due to my carelessness, which centres to lack of trading control. I don't manage my risks, I go out of the set out plan, without having a goal attainment for that day and trade based on that goal or plan. Instead, I am pushed hard to make more money due to the success I am tasting. But investment around cryptocurrency isn't done that way. Currently, I've learned my lessons, I don't like taking such kind of angle trading digital coins after losing more than I hoped for. Such have made me adopting 'Martingale strategy to always apply risk management skill in any high risk investment which I see myself inside. Such strategy at this meantime, has really helped me avoid making series of heartbreaking losers but maximizing profit and minimizing my loss, which is the most important thing in my crypto trading career.