Does having competitors in business boost your seriousness.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
We all are familiar with the truth and facts that competitors and business could totally be a hindrance an obstruction to a already existing business possibly in a particular business environment . But yet despite the fact that there was a huge disadvantage why they should be competitors in your business there is also a advantage why competitors should also exist in business . A business owner having the full knowledge that he has actually encountered business competitors and business rivals will always want to be the one to sell or to render goods and services to members of the public and this indeed will actually boost his seriousness to become punctual , to become more industrious , and finally to become more hard-working so as to make sure that he has outsmart his or her competitors .

Any particular or prominent competitive market consisting of different individuals selling and rendering the same particular goods and commodities always a form of conflicts and discrimination among members making up the business but yet your ability to outsmart your various competitors and business rivals plays a very important role and that has to do with how serious that you take your business to be .

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Competition is healthy if we look at it from capitalism angle of view. Not only does it encourage consumer to have many choices, it makes room for initiative. The only thing is that we don't need to involve in competition especially when our business is still young. We can try to involve in competition when we are known for our brands.

Competition from the positive side will allow us to be more creative. Since we know we are competing with many business owners that do what we do, we will want to change our styles of doing things. We can try our best to make sure we go through some researches just to make us the best among the rest.

Competition will even improve not our business outlook but also the way we treat our customers. We will want to improve anything that we can think of. Our customer care representatives will want to be the best. This is because we know that if we don't improve it, there is tendency that our competitors can snatch them away.

It will also improve how serious with our business. Some one that has been lackadaisical just because there was no competition will always want to work on that when there are competitions.

Ajebo25

Verified member
Competition is really good because if you don't have competitors we will be lazy it's just like blogging and vlogging when you post you also need to fight for competition on the search engines because without that you can prank on search engines so the main aim of everyone is to rank on search engines because without that if someone searches your page you will be at the bottom which is really bad competition boost seriousness if you are the one doing something it will be boring rather than many people doing it.

There are also other reasons to why competition is really good it's also build the confidence because if you're a competitor it makes you stronger rather than only you doing it because if you're a competitor and you get bypassed or you failed it makes you stronger and more professional and what you do in everything in this life is a competition you have to make sure you get money everyone wants to be richer than the other which is good that is if you don't follow the illegal way make money legally compete with people that are better than you so you will become better than them

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
Sometimes competitors and business rivals to a particular business is something that is not called for but as Time goes on competitors and business will always occur from time to time and sometimes in the worst-case sinero a businessman not encounter just one computer or business rivals but rather massive and uncountable numbers of competitors and in one way or the other this could always be a problem and instruction to a particular existing business .

It is often considered that anything with advantages do have disadvantages and so because competitors is always a disadvantage to a business he could also serve as an advantage to the same business in the sense that the business owner running and managing a particular existing business will always become punctual and show some sort of seriousness to purchase business so that he will be the one to sell to the members of the public and not his or her competitors . Haven't competitors in business is sometimes a good thing because that will always boost your seriousness by being punctual diligent and also hard-working in order to outsmart your various competitors and business rivals . Rather than considering on how to eradicate a business competitors and rivals it is better advised to focus on outsmarting them .

Jasz

VIP Contributor
If you are not competing with anyone, then you don’t have to do anything. You can just sit back and relax. But in a competitive environment, you have to work harder to succeed.

Think of everything in life from sports to academics. In the school yard, if there was no one to play against, we wouldn’t be motivated to play. The same goes for sports athletes like Tiger Woods or Michael Jordan. If there is no competition, what would motivate them to improve? This applies to businesses as well because it forces companies to improve their products and services in order for customers not only stay loyal but also attract new ones.

Competition also focuses on price, which keeps costs lower for consumers because without it companies would have more freedom over how much they could charge customers without worrying about losing business than they already do today. Competition is one of the driving force, it boosts your seriousness level directly or indirectly.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I believe in what you are saying , if there are so many competitors in your business you will definitely try as much as possible to make sure you stay at the top. And this will involve giving out the best service to people that are coming to patronize you. You would also try as to deliver quality products to people you have the chance to deal with.

Generally, so many businesses are not always serious when there is no competition , sometimes they just believe that since they are the only one operating within a particular territory that they have the right to operate anyhow , but as soon as competitor sets in , they have to take their business really serious to make sure they are not left behind by the competitors.

But this shouldn't be the reason for seriousness . People should just be generally serious in the business they have established. I don't see the need of establishing a business when you are not ready to handle it.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
The point is that when we have opportunity to establish a business in a location with a high competition, two things is likely to happen , the first one is that it is either you are serious and face this competition and succeed in your business or you just plays around and risk losing your business.

What I am trying to say is that even in the face of competition there are some certain people that may not particularly be interested to be serious with their business because of reasons best known to them but at the same time there are some people that will still be serious with their business because they know what they want and what they want to achieve at the end of the day.
It all depends on people but in most cases facing high competition could make you want to be more serious in your business to some extent.

Mastergp

Verified member
Having competition either at the business or any activities. Really improve ones seriousness in a particular activities, i could remember back at secondary school when my participation was always poor most times I don't come to school, but as times went on my parent had to change me from my school to another, things changes as every one including the least intelligent student were all trying their beat to pass, one that marvel me is a handicap still in that school who was trying all possible best to be among the first position despite his condition he still tried his best to succeed, this really moved me to improve my learning skills, so as time went on I was able to overcome most of my fears which include shyness and stage fright.
So in businesses especially those that handle monopoly business may not see the need to be serious in their business because they may be the only one selling or distributing such product in their area so without him or her such product wouldn't be sold in that location. But all this use to change when three or more persons sell that product at that location making it a competition boasting ones seriousness to work hard or more seriously to earn money to care for their needs.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
When you have competitors, it means that you are not the only one in your industry, but there are more than one. This can be good for your business because it means that you do not have to be the only one in your industry, you can focus on what makes your business unique and build a great product or service.

The main downside of having competitors is if they are really good at what they do then they will steal customers away from you or at least keep them from coming back. In order to compete with other businesses, there are 2 things you need to do:

1) Develop a product or service that is better than theirs

2) Make sure that you have a great product or service

If you can do both of these things then you will have a good chance of competing against other businesses and winning some customers over to your side.