Does having a good certificate increase my employability

Carpon

Valued Contributor
There are many students who are of the opinion that your chances of getting an employment is higher when you have a good grade on your certificate than when your certificate is a poor grade

I want us to deliberate on that and come to a consensus of whether or not poor or good grade makes you a hot cake or a chill one.

Personally, I think having a good grade has a long way to go in securing a job. Having good grade means you have been able to satisfactorily or excellently acquire what you were meant to know in your academic pursuit. So companies and organisations will prefer you to someone with low grade meaning he or she didn't satisfactorily gain what he or she was supposed or required to.

But speaking on a broader basis, the fact that you have a low grade does not mean you aren't marketable. All you need to do is work hard towards getting experiences and you will equal or even have an edge over those boasting of having good grades.

Activator230822

Verified member
I think nowadays that narrative doesn't work. Today the world is in a very difficult times whereby scholars are not vetted as per merits. Presently jobs are are placed according to impunity, connections, and other evil ways. That's why I got very good grades at school and I have a very good certificate in deed but I am being laughed at by my class mates who got Lower grades than me and they enjoy good life with well and good paying jobs.

Heartstrings

Having a good certificate doesn't really increase your employability, neither do a low grade decreases employability. There are so many youths who graduated with first class and still looking for a job, infact no luck at all from anywhere, while there are some with good grades who were employed immediately they seek for one. It a depends on every individual and what your destiny entails. You will see someone with low grades, enjoying their life to the fullest, working and earning some good reasonable cash. Of course it has a long way to go in security a job,but it's not certain if you would get one. So many students are thriving hard to get a first grade so as to quickly secure a good job after school but we should also understand that some students didn't work for their grade as sure.

So having a good certificate is not a guarantee of securing a good job or increase your chances of employability.