Disadvantages of being rich?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Getting rich is the goal of so many people, but it is obvious that this does not come easily, and even when it comes , there are still so much to deal with that makes some think and consider it being disadvantageous if you are rich.

I would like us to share some of those things that make being rich a disadvantage, no matter how petty the reason is.

From my own perspective:

1. PEOPLE HAVE HIGH EXPECTATIONS FROM YOU: once you are rich , people expect that you automatically start living some flashy lifestyle. They do not expect you to still live a modest lifestyle.
There are some rich people who ordinarily wouldn't bother about some exotic cars, but this kind of societal pressure pushes them into it and they can no longer live the modest lifestyle they would want to enjoy anymore.

2. TARGET FOR KIDNAPPERS: If you live in a country where the security situation is nothing to write home about, the bad agents like kidnappers, armed robbers would consider you all the time in their plans, posing a threat to your own life.

3. OVER DEPENDENT ON YOU: as a rich person, if the people around you are not rich themselves, they would automatically expect you to take care of them and their bills. This is somehow frustrating, especially when it's too much.

What do you think?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The advantages of being rich are obvious: you get to have anything you want, and people tend to cater to your every whim. Of course, it's not all roses. There are downsides to being rich that you might not even think about. Here are a few of them:

-You can't take advantage of sales
-You don't get the same deal on flights and hotels
-There aren't many people who can relate to how hard it is to be rich
-If you're a celebrity, news stations can be annoying and interview you at any time

Among the many advantages of having a significant amount of money is having the ability to fulfill your every wish and desire. However, in this book, "The Secret Lives of the Super Rich," authors Tom Ferry and Andrew Taylor discuss some of the less-than-obvious disadvantages that wealth can bring.

If you have ever wondered what it would be like to be among the wealthiest people in the world, here are some things that might surprise you about life as one of the richest people on earth:

1. The constant attention from others
2. The difficulty in letting go or giving to charity
3. The absence of privacy
4. A never-ending barrage of solicitations and requests
5. The inability to stop working

So difficult to imagine, right?

Wiserr

Well, we all believe that everything that has advantage will definitely has its own disadvantage, I Believe also being reach has its limited disadvantage, though the advantages seems to superceed the disadvantage, it has limited disadvantage
So if we are to talk about the advantage of being reach we will Say one will have the freedom of buying anything he desires without encountering any sort of problem, you will have freedom in many aspect of life, one can have the authority over everything he owns, one can have the authority over most of the things that life can offers most especially physically and financially.
While the disadvantages of beeung recg is that you will be facing problem from either thief's, arm robbers, and a lot of bad people not even talking about billing from family, Friend's, neighbours, beggars, loved ones and these who are close to you, one If one does not gives they end up saying you are stingy, which will spoil your name, this are some of the disadvantages of being reach.
But just as I said earlier the advantages seems to superceed the disadvantage, in conclusion I will like to say it ud better to be reach than to be poor.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Trouble in paradise, haha.

Frederick Nieztche said in one of his books that life is suffering, no matter how hard we try we can't escape the test and tribulations associated with being human and being alive.

When one is poor, he'll think money will change his life for good and when he finally makes the money, he will find out that there's disadvantages too and sometimes they can overwhelming.

One of the disadvantages is comfort, as a human being, comfort breeds laziness and weakness, because you have nothing that is constantly making you think and challenging your thought process.

As a rich person, you have pretty much have everything figured out, so, what's left is just comfort, this can be really dangerous because you'll be struggling with focus.

Secondly disadvantage is people just want to take your orders because you're rich, most people around you wouldn't want to offend you so they wouldn't even correct you or set you straight when you goof, this is a disadvantage because it's defying your human existence, mistakes are part of us and it's very important to have people that will tell us to our face when we make them.

I think most disadvantages can be managed through different mediums.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Everyone wants to be rich but they don't know that the rich also cry. Some people believe that once they are rich everything will automatically set in for them.

However, that is not the case most of your time as money alone does not bring peace of mind and happiness. These are some of the advantages of being rich.

Fake people around you
You are going to be surrounded by lots of fake people once you are rich. everyone wants to become a friend of a rich person. This is the case because they believe that they might see one or two things benefit from his riches.

Instead of being real with the rich person, these people will always behave sheepishly so that it will not destroy their chance with the rich person.

You will always see them laughing or necessary even if what the rich man said is not funny. They will only tell him what he wants to hear and backbiting if they don't have chance.

The rich people will know their true color and intention when he or she has nothing to offer them.

Chance of developing high BP

A person who is rich and always attached to his money my likely develop high blood pressure whenever they invest huge amount of money in a project or an investment.

A rich person may becomecan hypertension patient if he loses huge amount of money in a business or Investment.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Ok , thank you for this and I really appreciate it because you have taught us the implication of being rich , but personally I would like to be rich then I try as much as possible to avoid all the things you have just mentioned that could possibly lead to high blood pressure and I also try as much as possible to limit the numbers of friends I have and only to concentrate with people that was there with me during my struggling period.

I can't possibly considered a disadvantage of growing Rich when there are so many advantage of what riches has to offer.

I will believe it all depends on people because I don't really see why people should rather put all their trust and thinking on their wealth. obviously that is not just the best option because it will definitely leads to a blood pressure.

For me I may not likely make friends when I am rich but I will always try as much as possible to get in contact with people that were there during my struggling period because all other people who came after are just coming for the money and not really for true friendship.

General01

We live in a world that is full of ups and downs, success and failures, goods and bads, advantages and advantages. Everything has its positive implications and drawbacks.

It is surprising that the good things have their bad sides, just dependent on how we view it .
The important thing is to weigh whether the risk is worth it . It is critical that the benefits aquired in any endeavor we choose must outweigh the risk attached.
This is cardinal principle of life generally!

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Well, I would not say that there could be disadvantages of having a lots of money because actually having a shortage of money has many disadvantages in an apparent manner. However, there could be some disadvantages of being a rich person. One of the biggest disadvantage is that you will always have a fear of being robbed because when people start knowing that you have money, they will probably become jealous of you. There are many cases of people leaking out information about financial positions of rich people.

This led to rich people being robbed. Another disadvantage is that rich people usually have a harder time managing finance and this could lead to psychological problems and health issues. Having a lot of money means having a harder time managing your finances. Apart from that, the government usually pursues rich people because many rich people own a lots of assets and they do not pay taxes. Tax invasion is a big problem. The more money you have, the more tax you would need to pay. Unfortunately, majority of the tax invaders in my country are those people who are rich and own lands and valuable assets. All people should always pay tax regardless of whether or not you are rich.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Almost everyone in the world today have the dream of being rich and wealthy , reasons and because they only think about the advantages that comes in being wealthy . There is no doubt that a wealthy person is able to acquire assets and properties in which he desires and like , a wealthy person usually have enough of money to invest , a lot of money to spend , and a lot of money to save . Being rich is not bad , yet it is important that we consider some of the disadvantages that comes in being rich .

A lot of good people today love staying indoors most of them do not work at all due to the fact that some of them are over wealthy and to them they do not see themselves going broke even till the next 50 years and so they decide to stay at home and enjoy themselves . One thing to realise with the above mindset is that staying indoors and not working could lead to health and dehumanizing issues . Another disadvantage of being rich is that a lot of people tend to pick on your every mistakes and errors as a result of jealousy and envy . Research and studies also shows that a rich and wealthy person tends to have a lot of haters than a normal person .

Kendy

Verified member
Could there really be a disadvantage of becoming rich? Then I will definitely choose such disadvantage, it is just like someone saying that although I know that in most situations, there merits and demerits to every circumstances but talking about being rich one of the disadvantage is that you would always be disturbed by people who are not financially buoyant for their financial needs and also people will always be on the lookout for you. Rich people are always observed by many eyes than they can every imagine. People would always be on the lookout for every little mistake of a rich person without even proper investigation because of envy and jealousy. Rich people always have to be cautious of the kind of places they are exposed to. There are places and companies a rich person might not likely be seen and a rich person is not that free because in most cases, they go around with body guards just so they do not fall into the hands of their enemies. Another disadvantage is that, even in their challenging moments, people would continuously think that everything is certainly best for them. Rich people to some people do not have a right to complain of anything because they are rich and this is not a logical way of thinking because they are humans too who can encounter issues.

Setho

VIP Contributor
There are a lot of people right now who their number one target in the world is to actually make money . There is a lot of privileges and enjoyment that comes with a lot of money and you can understandably know why a lot of people are chasing it . This does not necessarily mean that money can be able to provide everything for you because you can see from testimonies from a lot of rich people that if they have their own way they are going to go back to being poor .

1. Dealing with fame . Whenever you are rich most atoms it usually comes with a lot of fame and people always trying to associate themselves with you like approaching you at the airport to snap pictures or to sign autographs for them . This means that you cannot generally have a life of your own as the media is always going to be tracking you down and as such you are not really going to be free .
2 . Lack of freedom . Being wealthy usually also comes with a certain restriction because they are some places that you might not be able to enter due to security concerns.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The poster may be entitled to its opinions but some of these assertions may be wrong. People have expectations so high to people and not because they are rich. There are some rich people that people are not looking up to them.

Anybody can be a target of kidnapping. I have many instances of poor people being kidnapped. And the family was asked to contribute some certain amount of money as ransom before he was released.

The only disadvantage that I can deduce is that the rich are always afraid of becoming poor.