Banana plantation is a simple business to handle

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In our tropical country the banana is a ubiquitous fruit in the dining table. The wet market is not complete without the banana stall. That makes it a good reason for raising banana plants if you have a land that is not used. From the seedling the banana plant grows and bears fruit after 8 to 10 months depending on the type. The plants do not need water except when the summer is too hut. The only labor needed is when planting and harvesting.

IMG_8215 saging puno.JPG
In the picture is a hybrid banana that bears fruit after 6 months and it is easy to harvest because the plant is low. That big bunch of bananas has more than 100 fruits that can be sold at 10 cents per piece. If you have 1 hectare planted to banana it can cover your daily food budget.

Last edited:

Cinderella

That's a good activity. But we need to consider our location. Our region is a place in the country where typhoons frequently visit. I mean, there is no year that we haven't visited by typhoon. You know banana can easily be damaged by slight wind. But as you said, this type of banana you have in the picture can be harvested within 6 months. So, maybe that can be considered if we can plant it during summer.

By the way, you look like my favorite actor in this picture (this is out of the topic).

Fossy_boy

Banana plantation is one of the best business that anybody can do in any part of the world provided you have enough capital or fund to start the business.You won’t regret it if you put your money into a business like this

Mika

VIP Contributor
This might be a good business, I do not doubt that but this is possible only when you live in a country side and have some land. I live in a city and land is scarce here. By the way I have seen a lot of fruits being grown in pots including manoes, guavas, papaypa, etc. can we also grow banana in pots or big containers?

Mika

VIP Contributor
This might be a good business, I do not doubt that but this is possible only when you live in a country side and have some land. I live in a city and land is scarce here. By the way I have seen a lot of fruits being grown in pots including manoes, guavas, papaypa, etc. can we also grow banana in pots or big containers?

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I think most times it could even take less than that amount of time in my state for that range of banana to grow , because if there is high rain fall and others it might probably take about just 4 or 3 months to see them grow very fast , and they are fast selling fruit items that in my area where I live more people from different regions comes to buy too

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Apparently, this looks like a nice business. But the most important part is, knowing how to plant it and the season to do so. For us to make enough money from this, we need to get a very big acres of land and we will also need plenty manpower to do the planting for us. Though, a very brilliant business but capital intensive one.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Banana business is very lucrative in my area. There is a lot of money in this business. Besides, banana always regenerate, which means that if one plants a bulb of banana, one may not need to plant more again next time. And there are many ways banana can be made to use, it will even be more profitable if one can he supply those fruit makers.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Banana is actually my most favourite food and it is also consumed by a lot of people. I have two very much agree with you because if you should look at how fast the banana tree gross compared to other it is actually very fast. One thing again is that at the early stage it can grow to a reasonable hi it's under minimal water which makes it one of the most easiest businesses to handle.