Earn Money Are you a freelancer? How much do you earn a month doing jobs for clients?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Freelancers makes cool cash online for those who has established themselves earning online and having that in-demand skills. Not all freelancers are making good amount of money online, cos of low availability of gigs for them. Some are making thousands of dollars getting regular jobs from clients cos the trust is there. The clients have high trust for such freelancers that's why they don't go elsewhere looking for who to execute their tasks.

I started recently with freelancing jobs, not more than six (6) months, doing tasks and earning some reward via freelancer.com. I'm not making much cos I never established myself gaining that trust from clients. I've earned less than $500 within my short term working as a freelancer via freelancer.com and elsewhere.

How much have you earned as a freelancer working for either fiverr, upwork, freelancer.com, etc?

uforwealth

Verified member
The truth is that you cannot make anything reasonable on freelancing platforms if you do not have a sellable skill. There are a lot of competition there and you need to know the tricks of how to get orders. Copywriting is one of the skills you must learn if you really want to become a successful freelancer on any platform.
Thank you for this comment. I know and agree that it requires skills that are in demand to make money on freelance websites but some people claim that skill is not required when it comes getting jobs on the freelancing sites. Maybe they are taking about microjob websites such as upwork and microworkers.

In order to acquire a skill and start working as a freelancer,I have started learning copywriting.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The amount is likely to make as a freelancer depends on the platforms he's working for and also, some jobs or gigs that are available for the person to be done. Other things include the experience, because some client do check the experience of the people they give they seek the workmanship.
Clients are looking for the best freelancer to handover a gig to, to deliver it clinically without infringement. If they hire a freelancer that underperform it will be detrimental to them for what they want to use the project for, time delaying it's also a negative side of hiring underperforming freelancer. When going into freelancing industry prepare your job samples to convince each client that you can do the gig well.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The amount is likely to make as a freelancer depends on the platforms he's working for and also, some jobs or gigs that are available for the person to be done. Other things include the experience, because some client do check the experience of the people they give they seek the workmanship.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I am presently not a freelancer as I am still trying to navigate my way through the industry but I have a friend who is a freelance designer. According to him the amount fluctuates but on an average he is able to earn in or around $100 every month purely from online gigs.
Yes, freelancers gigs do revolve. They earn higher today due to availability of gigs at their disposal and the better amount paid by clients per gig they're offered to do. Then the following month tasks are found hard to come cos of low request from clients. That's what's happening I do experience that too.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I was introduced to fiverr by a friend but I haven't explored it because he told me that I need to know some stuffs before I can be earning successfully on the platform as an African. I wish to get approved after registering on it maybe I can earn through my writing prowess

Setho

VIP Contributor
I am presently not a freelancer as I am still trying to navigate my way through the industry but I have a friend who is a freelance designer. According to him the amount fluctuates but on an average he is able to earn in or around $100 every month purely from online gigs.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I am not a freelancer but I know some people that are freelancers which I have come in contact with both online and offline. Freelancing is very lucrative if you have been established on that particular platform because you will get a lot of orders and make up to 1000 dollars on monthly basis.
It's good you've come to know benefits of working as a freelancer online. You need to find a skill that is reward online or offline. But I prefer online freelancing gig due to the time it offers me to work at my convenient. Working via Fiverr, upwork, freelancer.cim, flexjob can bring us alot of money as freelancers.

N

Neel

As a newbie, chances are high that the experienced employers will not hire you on freelancer platform, however once you get started then no one can stop you for sure :)

N

Neel

I am not a freelancer but I know some people that are freelancers which I have come in contact with both online and offline. Freelancing is very lucrative if you have been established on that particular platform because you will get a lot of orders and make up to 1000 dollars on monthly basis.
you are rite , we can easily make $1000 on monthly basis on the freelancers platform.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Thank you for this comment. I know and agree that it requires skills that are in demand to make money on freelance websites but some people claim that skill is not required when it comes getting jobs on the freelancing sites. Maybe they are taking about microjob websites such as upwork and microworkers.

In order to acquire a skill and start working as a freelancer,I have started learning copywriting.
Upwork is a freelancing platform just as Fiverr and I believe the both of them are the most popular freelancing platforms on the internet. You must be highly skilled if you want to venture into the platform because the competition there is much but I know people making money from it. There are a lot of Indians on the platform offering various services and of course they are very good at what they do.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Making money as a freelancer is difficult. There are some rules and principles that guide it. You need to make sure you sell the right things that the people want to see it buy. Then your profile pics must be well taken and we'll dressed and not casually to attract client.

uforwealth

Verified member
There is no fixed amount I make as a freelancer, sometimes I make a lot of money, and sometimes I don't earn enough. Last month I managed to earn $700 from upwork, however, this month is just about to end and I have not even made $300. As a freelancer, I have made $100 just in one day a couple of times.
In fact you have achieved a lot of things online when it comes to making money. I wish I had made money online like you.

I have tried making money on freelance websites such as freelancer.com but the requirements always scared me away.

The fear of competitiors is there. I am also afraid of being rejected as I regard those who are making money on those websites as professionals who can write content with the highest quality.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
My plan is to become a freelancer but I don't have the skill.

The first time I created an account on Fiverr.com was 2016 when I attended a seminar where I was taught how to make money on Fiverr by selling ebooks.

When I realized that there was no market for the type of book I was promoting on fiverr , l packed it up and concluded that I needed a skill to make money as a freelancer.
The truth is that you cannot make anything reasonable on freelancing platforms if you do not have a sellable skill. There are a lot of competition there and you need to know the tricks of how to get orders. Copywriting is one of the skills you must learn if you really want to become a successful freelancer on any platform.

uforwealth

Verified member
My plan is to become a freelancer but I don't have the skill.

The first time I created an account on Fiverr.com was 2016 when I attended a seminar where I was taught how to make money on Fiverr by selling ebooks.

When I realized that there was no market for the type of book I was promoting on fiverr , l packed it up and concluded that I needed a skill to make money as a freelancer.

Chibson

VIP Contributor

sincerem

VIP Contributor
There is no fixed amount I make as a freelancer, sometimes I make a lot of money, and sometimes I don't earn enough. Last month I managed to earn $700 from upwork, however, this month is just about to end and I have not even made $300. As a freelancer, I have made $100 just in one day a couple of times.
You're earning full-time online with those figures you're mentioning here to me. I don't even earn much as a freelancer who writes article and forum post online. The highest amount I've made as a freelancer in a month is just $300 which is around December last year.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
That's huge if i may say. I have been trying to get started with upwork and fivver but I haven't succeeded with them yet. How did you do it? Do you stay in a first tier country where registering on these websites won't give you much problem? Sorry for asking too much, I only hope you can put me through.

Mika

VIP Contributor

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Actually, I am not a freelancer but I know a friend who makes up to $300 from a freelance job online. If you are lucky enough to be on one of the most trending website and you have the necessary skills required, you can make more than $400 if you have a high rating on the platform
That's a reasonable amount of money you're friend is earning over at freelance site. Some freelancers are making cool cash via the marketplace cos of their rating on the freelance platform. Whereas others aren't making much there, cos they aren't familiarized with the clients offering those gigs or their skill isn't admirably like their counterparts.