What are the strategies to make money as a freelancer?

uptrendfinancialsignal

Verified member
One of the most important way to make money as a freelancer is to find your niche. Whether it is writing, graphic design, coding or virtual assistant, it is very crucial to specialize in a particular area because this is what will help you to stand out and you would also be able to attract clients.

You shouldn't be afraid to showcase your expertise on this platforms if you really want to make money. Networking is also very crucial in freelancing world because you need to join online communities ,attend industry events and connect with other freelancers in the field to earn brand identity . This is a way to build relationship that can lead to referrals and would also lead to new opportunities.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I started using Upwork about 4 years ago. It took a long time to get the first contract. In order to impress the client, I bid 50 percent less than the budget for the work. The client was offering $100 for add development and I bid for just $50. I was hired, I was not only offering my service for cheap but I also had an impressive bio (I had experience in the field and I had a lot of similar projects to showcase on my portfolio.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Freelancing is a good way to boost your income and if you're just getting started it can be an uphill battle because you have to deal with a chicken and egg problem, you need clients to hire you and you don't have good reviews on your profile, so the best thing to do in this situation is to probably get a friend and give him some money to hire you as a client to do a work, you can repeat this couple of times and make your profile visible.

you'll then start bidding on projects and keep on chipping away at your freelancing gigs.

Phantasm

Banned
Freelancing presents various ways of making money as follows:

1. Specialize in a niche: Concentrating on a particular niche or talent can help you differentiate yourself and draw the kind of clients that appreciate what you have to offer.

2. Build an impressive portfolio: You should market your abilities through creating a portfolio that showcases your skills and experience to prospective customers.

3. Set competitive rates: In consultation with market trends, adjust your rates taking into account your level of expertise, project duration and complexity.

4. Advertise yourself: Make sure you advertise your services through social media platforms, relevant websites or networks. Keep updating your online profiles and engaging those clients who might be interested in buying from you.

5. Deliver quality work: Provide excellent customer service and deliver high-quality work that is above client expectations because this will build you reputation thereby leading to repeat business and referrals.

6. Offer additional services: As a means of diversifying income streams, freelancers may also consider providing ancillary services like consulting, coaching and training which all serve to expand revenue base.