Why you should not quit your job yet

Kennysplash

Verified member
Quitting jobs has become the new normal in our society. People who quit their jobs do so at an unprecedented rate. This is largely due to the fact that technology has made it easy for people to work for themselves. Everyone wants to be self employed.

Also due to some motivational talks about jobs limiting one's potential, and constant discouragement of 6 to 5 jobs, many people quit without another option on sight or a back up plan.
However, there are some drawbacks to quitting your job that many people don't consider.

Many employers refuse to hire job seekers who quit their previous jobs. They view this as negative competition since it lowers the worker's wage rate. Plus, it limits the worker's chances of earning back lost wages since employers have no obligation to give them any breaks in wage rate compensation costs.

Also, employers wonder why they had to quite their jobs especially of they have been in the labour market for quite some time. To avoid this issue, workers should make sure they have a backup plan before quitting their jobs if they intend on searching for a job afterward.
Quiting your job may seem like the best way forward at first glance, but there are some serious drawbacks that many people fail to consider. People with good jobs tend to be happier and easier to employ than those who quit theirs. It's also much harder for someone who quit theirs to find a new one in any field other than self-employment.
Consider these factors before making the decision to quit!

Heartstrings

There are many reasons why people quit their jobs, some may be health issues,life challenges,or family issues. But it is not advisable to quit a job for flimsy excuses,before quiting a job for another,you should at least have one or two things that will generate you money,so you won't go and depend on loans,friends and families.

If you really want to be self employed and thinking of quitting your present job,think it through thoroughly,don't quit before you start making plans,make sure you already set up your business first,or be sure of the skill you are willing to monetize,how profitable it would be and Know there will definitely be a challenge in the long run.

Yes it's understandable that everyone wants to be self employed at least but don't blindly quit just because you see people doing it or because you are sure you will make money from your new find business. Be sure of everything before quitting as this will give you the more chance to know much about what you are about getting yourself into.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
When we talk of quitting jobs, we have taken a very delicate matter to deliberate upon and this is because your job is your source of income which invariably is you source of living and livelihood. It determines your financial state and the kind and level of financial freedom that you'll attain.

As you have said, quitting your jobs without any cogent reason is very bad and companies will avoid employing you in the future when they discover that you are used to the habit of quitting jobs. Some think that the decision to quit a job is a very important one.

Personally, one of the reason that will make me quit my jobs is lack of satisfaction. When the Job I do does not give me satisfaction financially and even psychologically, then it has not come to stay as I will quit it as soon as it keeps being unsatisfying to me.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The truth is that there is no need for you to work in a job that cannot provide for your daily needs and of course meet your expenses. That is actually a waste of time.

Another thing is that any job that affects your health is not advisable for you to do it because health is wealth. This is one of the major reasons I prefer making money online because you work at your own pace and that your own time.

Whenever you are tired of making money you take a rest but in the offline space that is actually not the case because you have to work whenever your boss wishes. But one thing that I will always advise people is that they should not quit their job until they find a very good replacement.

If you want to venture into online job fully you should find something that works perfectly before you quit your offline job.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Well people quit their jobs because of many reasons, I do not see ant problem if you quit because you want to start up something for yourself, also this should be well thought off, you should not just wake up a day and just decide you are going to quit your job and be your own boss, it should be in progression, like you work and save money enough for you to take risks, then you can use the saved money and get them to work for you, after testing the waters you can now decide if you should quit altogether and do your own thing.

Also if you plan on going back to the job market, it will look bad on your resume that you quit your job just like that without any tangible reason, prospective employers will be skeptical in hiring you, before making a decision you have to think through it.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I believe that when a job is no longer working for you, you shouldn't even hesitate to quit it. In fact, quit their job savagely so that the organization can feel the brunt of losing staff. Some organizations don't deserve to have good people working for them. How can an organization be owing its employee's salaries for up to months? Just strategize and get your money and quit that kind of job.

No one leaves a job unprovoked. Some organizations stretch staff patience to the break-even point. At that point, I just leave and I don't look back.

I know of a man that has been owing staff in his company for up to 3 months. How do you expect such staff not to leave the organization at the slight glimmer of a better job? I would leave and still tell you I am resuming soon. You would stay for two weeks before it dawns on them that I have left.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
But any sensible person should know that it is to get a new job fast before putting away the old one. lt doesn't make any sense to just quit a job before you start looking for a job after quitting the old one.

The right thing to do is to quit when you have found something better. So anybody that is leaving a job without having a new one is just trying to put his or her life in jeopardy. yes I agree with you that even working offline keep life moving smooth. no matter how much a person is being paid with the offline job it is still better than staying idle.

So before anybody thinks about quitting his or her job they should be a new job waiting to be taken up by the person that is the right thing to do than just quitting before having a new job.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yes everyone are looking for opportunity to work for themself, But at the same time it is not everyone that will have opportunity to do so because so many people do not really understand what they want. As I have said earlier in the previous post it is not the best for you to consider quitting your job when you don't have any other thing they will keep on generating you some money while you are still looking for another thing to do.

So many people might consider their job to be a waste of time , But no matter what might happen it is not a wise decision for you to consider resigning without any plan of what to do next. Except in a serious situations that you can't cope anymore . The reason why I am saying this is to prevent a situation that you just come back to the house and stay idle without having something to do.