Should I quit schooling and focus on making money

Carpon

Valued Contributor
I had this question lingering on my mind and I thought to post it on this forum for money makers where we have experienced people who know the cricum crancum of the money making affairs and the implications that actions which one takes will have on the money he or she can he able to make.

I am a student in a tertiary institution in Nigeria and citizens of the country will know how the educational sector is. There are so may lapses and at times after one successfully crosses all the educational hurdles and graduates, there won't be any gainful employment for such a person.

Recently I have been into some very profitable money making ventures and I began to wonder if I should really continue schooling at the expense of my jobs or I should focus on making money since that is my aim. I know that education gives one an upoerhand in almost everything but I wish to hear your opinions on this issue.

Please contribute your suggestion in the comments.

Imran Noori

Verified member
I think schooling is not related with making money because making money needs some special skills and knowledge about finance which is never taught at schools, instead you can work and make money beside that learn a digital skill which will be very useful in near future.

Activator230822

Verified member
For me I would say this concerning the subject; There is a saying that goes like education is the key for life. Here let me say this: Education brings about knowledge. As we all know that knowledge is power so it's very crucial to get the power and that is from Education.
Education is such a very useful thing in life. Therefore the process of getting any useful thing in life is very challenging. Especially when one is in the tertiary, college or university education sector life tends to be very hard and many people drop from the school due to the financial challenges.
I therefore urge people to continue pressing on, struggle, and persevere till you finish that course then after you can find out those money making ways of yours while having that certificate in hand. There is no any valuable asset you can ever get on earth except Education.
The money making ways you are talking about here I are not enough without education. You can as well learn a digital skill that can help you to work smarter online like working for a very short time for a better pay.

Shaf

Verified member
Never quit your education in a country like Nigeria for a business. The best thing to do is to find a way to make them work at the same time.

The most important reason is because people give greater respect to someone who's formally educated over someone's who's not, no matter how rich you are. Lack of formal education has robbed people of so many opportunities simply because of the "certificate".

You can also choose to run a part time program if the business is affecting your education. It's usually run for two or three days every week only, giving you ample time to focus on both.

Even though these are my thoughts, there are people who have done incredibly well just by doing a business. Some graduate and still remain employed for years while relying on business only to survive. You can look at people who are doing similar business to see how they are faring in the long run to make a choice.

Kennysplash

Verified member
Well I'll say it totally depends on how much money you are making. If we are being truthful with ourselves why do we actually go to school? We do so so as to earn money to sustain ourselves and to make a living. So now if we have the opportunity to make that money and you have to choose between that and going to school I would advise to continue to make your money. But like I said earlier if you're making above-average income then you can take that decision, but you can't do that if what you're earning is nothing to write home about. Instead of wasting your time in school, put that time in your business or in the skills you have and improve yourself. Sincerely speaking we live in a time when it's no longer matters whether you go to tertiary institution or not. Scrutinize yourself well and make the best decision.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Making money is very important and at the same time schooling is also very important. It depends on you to choose which one is your utmost priority.

Presently, I am a student and I also try as much as possible to make money on the internet and I'm also planning on setting up some offline businesses in which I will employ people to be taken care of for me while I study. One thing about the University environment is that there are several opportunities you can capitalise on especially in this part of the world to make some good amount of money for yourself.

Firstly, I will advise you to look for a business that will be suitable for you as a student especially if you do not have any financial struggles at the moment. if you have people who are paying for your school fees and a lot of other things then you can plan yourself well to start a business in the school environment.

uforwealth

Verified member
Knowledge is quite different from money even though they work together. Money serves as a means for acquisition of knowledge on the other hand, knowledge can be used to secure jobs and earn incomes. Do not quit schooling because you want to make money . There are some places where knowledge only count. Although money can be used to pay school fees, your knowledge can guide you to behave normally in the society. it is your knowledge that will assist you in spending and saving the money judiciously.

E

eldavis

There is no doubt that there have been lots of persons who have taken this bold step but just cause others did it and it turned out pretty well for them, does not mean you would also get the same result. I would advice you do both if possible. Most people tend to have the idea that they do not need school to make money, but truth be told, there are certain places school would be able to get you to, certain people your educational level would be able to help you associate with that your money wont be able to.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Going to a school and college is not only about collecting a sheaf of certificates and getting degrees. Going to college also means you are building your knowledge and skills that will not only help you get a job, start a business, or even become self-employed. If you don't go to school and college, how do you suppose to build knowledge? let's say you did not go to college and did not study business, if you plan to start a business how would you do it because you don't have any knowledge? Someone might suggest, you don't need a degree to sell goods on the street. Well, that's right, but think another way around, if you go to culinary school and learn to become a chef you might have a better chance of making money. I went to an IT school and learned to program, sometimes I earn $500 from a single project. If I had never been to an IT college, I would not be qualified to get a contract that pays me $500. Sometimes education is unaffordable for some people. if that is the case, you can abandon school but you can still self-learn

Abigael

Valued Contributor
You should not leave school in order to start making money. We live in an era where you can study and earn at the same time. I know of so many students who have a part time job, so they earn while studying. Schooling will prevent you from having a full time job, but it won't stop you from earning.

You can either work online or offline as a student. Online seems to be the best since you can manage your own time and choose when to work. Here, you will need to have some great skills that will enable you to work in a site or do freelancing.

As for an offline job, you should consider a workplace that allows students to work part time. When you make your manager understand that you are student, they will make working on schedules to be easier for you. So you don't have to leave school when you can have both.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
you are not alone a lot of people especially now in Nigeria as a Nigerian student as been contemplating quitting school to continue with Just money but the truth is that education is also very important despite all the lapses and the flaws that comes with our educational system you still need to get educated.

One of our past leaders once stated that if you think education is expensive then try ignorance so going to school is not just fulfilling all righteousness it is to impact your life positive which will also help you go through life with peace. so it will better to combine money making with schooling.

What should you do is combine the two you can make success of it. so there's no need putting away school to focus only on money making. The truth is that you can try it out and I bet that you can get the best of both worlds. if you are in full-time schooling then you can make money as part-time job so that you not be overwhelmed with things you'll be able to get it right this way.