Why is it that the smokers still smoke cigarette despite the warning written on it?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Am yet to understand the reason why the smokers still smoke cigarette despite they see clearly the warning written on the box.

To me I sees it as ignorance and its kills a lot. In fact if you tell them not to smoke again some of the we even tell you that something most kill some one.
Must has thing kill one even if at all somebody want to die?

This is harmful habit which reduces the expectation of hood health and shortens life. Cigarette smokers absorb in to the lungs:

1. Nicotine : This is a habit-forming drug with a mild stimulatory effect. It causes constriction of small blood vessels and a rise in blood pressure.

2. Carcinogenic tars. These tars isolated from cigarette smoke have been shown to cause cancer in experimental animals.

(3) Carbon monoxide: Cigarette smokers have raised blood levels of car boxy haemoglobin. If the mother smokes during pregnancy, car boxy haemoglobin passes through in to the fetal circulation.

The following ailments are prone to occure in cigarette smokers:

(1) Cancer of the lung: Heavy cigarette smokers are 30 times as liable yo develop cancer of the lungvas non-smokers.

(2) Bronchitis and emphysema: prolonged cigarette smoking commonly leads to progressive cough and breathless,ultimately leading to respiratory incapacity.

(3)Gastric and duodenal ulcers take longer to heal in cigarette smokers.

(4) pregnant women who smoke cigarette have smaller babies than non-smokers, with a higher incidence of fetal abnormalities.etc.

These are the danger and health issue that cigarette do cause on the body.
You idea and contributions is welcome.
Why did they still smoke cigarette despite the warning written on it?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You're explanation us exquisite, you detailed what is considered as an eye opener information. Smokers read most of this, but being addicted smoker can cause us not to mind what's been said until the effect takes place in our health, and start deteriorating it, before we can feel pity for ourselves. I'm not a smoker, but I'm trying to offer my view on how smokers act cos i have lots of them as friends.

funmi

Verified member
Most of this smokers knows all the dangers of smoking in fact some of them are well educated. It is so sad that despite all the warnings from families, friends, neighbours and even government, they still found it very difficult to stop it. That is the problem with addiction. Once someone is addicted to some certain behaviors, they find it very hard to stop it. It will take extra effort and monitoring for a smoker who is addicted to sincerely stop smoking.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I have had the opportunity to talk with someone who has smoked cigarettes for over 40 years. According to him he started smoking in 1975. He said that smoking has become part of him in the sense that he cannot go about his daily job without smoking. And he has never been affected by any of those diseases you outlined. So I think sometimes it depends on our body structures.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
They smoke cigarettes despite all those warnings because they are addicted to it, as many other have explained. Apart from addictive behavior, many occasional smokers also neglect all those warnings because they actually become habitual to smoking. I do not think that warning people about this bad habit is enough. Smoking is a kind of substance addiction that requires proper treatment.

A K Rao

Smoker knows the ill effects of smoking but still keeps on smoking as the nicotine is an addictive drug. The habit of smoking is highly addictive, the smoking is psychological in nature and since the nicotine is habit forming in nature the smoker craves to smoke, and he becomes a slave to it.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I was arguing in one similar thread and I was trying to educate the person about what it is called utility. At times, people don't see bad side of a particular thing if the good side gives them more satisfaction. You see people engaging in prostitution despite the fact that they know they are prone to diseases. Satisfaction at times, motivates people faster than its usefulness.

Smoker knows the ill effects of smoking but still keeps on smoking as the nicotine is an addictive drug. The habit of smoking is highly addictive, the smoking is psychological in nature and since the nicotine is habit forming in nature the smoker craves to smoke, and he becomes a slave to it.
I may not disagree with the addictive nature of smoking. But some have cogent reasons why they smoke. Some people smoke healthy. They don't take it too much, they have ways of regulating when they smoke in. Others do it because of weathers. It is by nature to be quick judging people

They smoke cigarettes despite all those warnings because they are addicted to it, as many other have explained. Apart from addictive behavior, many occasional smokers also neglect all those warnings because they actually become habitual to smoking. I do not think that warning people about this bad habit is enough. Smoking is a kind of substance addiction that requires proper treatment.
If smoking is highly injurious and harmful without any health benefits, I think government would have banned it. I have seen people of high ranking positions smoking for years without any health issue. What really happens is not the smoking but its excess. And meanwhile, anything taking in excess can be injurious.

I have had the opportunity to talk with someone who has smoked cigarettes for over 40 years. According to him he started smoking in 1975. He said that smoking has become part of him in the sense that he cannot go about his daily job without smoking. And he has never been affected by any of those diseases you outlined. So I think sometimes it depends on our body structures.
That's another angle and this has corroborated what I have been arguing. It might not have affected the man despite 46 years of smoking because he many be regulating or taking it health wisely. Some only take it during the cold to warm their body while some take it to relax.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
If smoking is highly injurious and harmful without any health benefits, I think government would have banned it. I have seen people of high ranking positions smoking for years without any health issue. What really happens is not the smoking but its excess. And meanwhile, anything taking in excess can be injurious.

My country has banned tobacco products, but I do not understand why countries do not ban cigarettes if they are so harmful? This has been a question that has been baffling me for a long time. Cigarettes are like legalized drugs. I am quite fortunate that I stopped smoking cigarettes in the year 2012 and I have never touched cigarettes since then.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
My country has banned tobacco products, but I do not understand why countries do not ban cigarettes if they are so harmful? This has been a question that has been baffling me for a long time. Cigarettes are like legalized drugs. I am quite fortunate that I stopped smoking cigarettes in the year 2012 and I have never touched cigarettes since then.
Did you stop because you were battling some ailments or because your country banned tobacco and the likes? The issue of cigarettes is controversial but there is no doubt that it is legal. Most people don't realize that it is not the cigarette that is injurious but abusing it.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Cigarettes are made from tobacco whose leaves naturally contain nicotine. This nicotine is an addictive substance, once addicted to it, it is difficult to get rid of it. It is necessary that people do not start smoking at all, it can be quit only with a strong will. Warning alone isn't enough.​

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I used to be a heavy smoker and I have to admit that smoking is an addiction. However, when it comes to the ill effects of smoking there are exceptions. Some people are sturdy and smoking has no bad effect on them. Take the case of my great uncle who was a heavy smoker until the day he died at age 106. Isn't that amazing?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Those people are just addicted and even if they are smoking it but there are some that do not know what to do about it because they could not stop, Some will need to pass through a lot of psychological process before they will be able to stop the addiction. And some are not even ready to stop because they consider it as the best lifestyle.

Empress

Verified member
Those smokers are already addicted to the cigarettes to stop will be very difficult for them and they will prefer to turn blind eye to the warnings because they have take the cigarettes as enjoyment and what takes away their problem for a while and they do think those that smoke that are smart

Syeda Sayra

Well there is a dead warning even on a box of cigarettes but people still smoking because cigarette contain the one of the addictive material namely NICOTINE which makes there users habitual of it.
Once you smoke in , You can't smoke out...
Thanks!