Do smokers really die young?

D

Deleted member 51169

As hard as it is for us health addicts to swallow, the reality is that people smoke. The more alluring question of this discourse is, whether smokers die young? Despite the warnings being issued by manufacturing companies during their adverts that "smokers are liable to die young" yet people engage in it. This has created a myth around smoking, that once you engage in it Mr death is your next door neighbour, yet we still see older people who engage in this act from their adolescent age with no end to it in sight.

Does that now makes it look right that smokers never die young? In these exposition I believe we should approach it with a mindset of a Doctor treating his patients.

If smokers die young, should not the manufacturer be trial and jailed? Why do government of different nations allows such productions?

I believe what makes people die young is when they are careless with their health and not being a smokers.

PS: Also note that there are health benefits of smoking and there are people who have outlived non smokers.

Yes! smokers can be healthy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210914-065921_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210914-065921_Samsung Internet.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 0

Good luck

Verified member
Smoking is not really hygiene in the body system.It destroy some internal system in the body making the cell not to function well.Smokers are likely to have lung disease which may later claim the life of the person.It can also affect the kidney.making it to get weak and darker because of the air being inhale into the system.I will say smokers are liable to die young.

D

Deleted member 51169

Smoking is not really hygiene in the body system.It destroy some internal system in the body making the cell not to function well.Smokers are likely to have lung disease which may later claim the life of the person.It can also affect the kidney.making it to get weak and darker because of the air being inhale into the system.I will say smokers are liable to die young.
Do you know that when a smoker keeps to his hygiene in the following ways:
*Eat a healthy diet, rich in fresh fruits and vegetables.
*Engage in regular exercise
*Visit your doctor for check-ups and make sure you’ve had your flu shot.
*Manage your stress levels.
He can live longer than those living a reckless life.

They sickness you mentioned can also be symptoms of other ailments. Hope you know that too?

Good luck

Verified member
Do you know that when a smoker keeps to his hygiene in the following ways:
*Eat a healthy diet, rich in fresh fruits and vegetables.
*Engage in regular exercise
*Visit your doctor for check-ups and make sure you’ve had your flu shot.
*Manage your stress levels.
He can live longer than those living a reckless life.

They sickness you mentioned can also be symptoms of other ailments. Hope you know that too?
I agree with you on all the points you mentioned,but we can not day smoking is good totally.it is still injurious to the health.It contains some tobacco products that can still affect the system and weaken the immune system.though as you said we have some people that have lived long and they are heavy smoker but one still needs to be very careful.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Smokers are liable to die young doesn't mean they will die young. They are only prone to dying young. They damage their lung and other internal organ through this act. And if someone in this act has not died or even develop a chronic symptom, it means there may be strong immune system.

Putta Vince

Smoking together with your friends after a lunch while talking to each other once in a month or so may not affect that much to the health. But there are people who smoke everyday and also don't consume any proper food , they become smoking addicted which cause serious health problems.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I have seen people that smoke and still live healthy whereas I cannot count number of people that smoke that looks unkempt. What people do not know is that smoking is really relative. It at times some functions of weather and where one lives. Smoking while living in hot country may be dangerous.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I believe that the word the smoker are liable to die young doesn't mean that one will die as a young boy or girl. What the health Ministries really means by that is that; one health will be depreciating or reducing gradually.
So therefore its not good at all to be smoking.

D

Deleted member 51169

I believe that the word the smoker are liable to die young doesn't mean that one will die as a young boy or girl. What the health Ministries really means by that is that; one health will be depreciating or reducing gradually.
So therefore its not good at all to be smoking.
Now this boils down to my question. Why do they continue to allow the production of something which is harmful to their citizens? Is it the TAX over their lifes? If it is then, it is a deceitful quote to use in advertising that "smokers are liable to die young".

Everybody's health depreciates once you engage in accessiveness of anything, even food. I remember one day, I could not sleep till dawn because I overfeeding myself with grannies meal.

The scornful look on smokers as against obsessed people are hypocritical.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Smoking first of all will hinders the body ability to absorb oxygen confidently into the body, which will scientifically reduce the overall function of the body when there is inadequate supply of oxygen. Sometimes smoking is scientifically proven to also contribute too lungs cancer. We all need to be guided I believe smoking is dangerous.

Empress

Verified member
A large, national study found that smokers faced nearly three times the risk of dying prematurely from heart disease or stroke. Risk was higher among smokers who began before age 15 compared to those who began at older ages, and the risk was highest of all for those who began smoking before age 10.