Bitcoin Halving 2024: Do you still believe it?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Mid last year, all crypto users folded their arms awaiting the halving of Litecoin as it has been speculated. The moment came and nothing happened. While many felt so disappointed, especially those that are new to cryptocurrency and joined basically because of the halving, others don't really feel bad with this, as they know it is part of crypto-disappointment or rather let me say, unpredictability.

The same thing is about to happen to Bitcoin. The halving was predicted to happen this mid-April but up till now, the wait has bit been justified. Do you still believe in Bitcoin halving?

Suba

Staff member
Litecoin is different from Bitcoin, the Litecoin halving occurred in August last year and the Litecoin price explosion occurred in June 2023. I bought Litecoin at $73 and was able to sell when the price was $110, but I am only a small investor so I can only make a small profit. Meanwhile Bitcoin has formed a new ATH of $72k, in April 2024, yesterday on April 19 there was a Bitcoin halving, but the price corrected/fell to $63k. Currently the price of Btc is $64k, and there are likely no major changes until May next month. My prediction is that there will be a big explosion in Bitcoin prices in early 2025.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The only thing I wanted to point out if you truly understand the angle I stand for is that, cryptocurrency as a digital currency cannot be predicted. I can never consider all what you said as halving. Halving should be monumental increment, explosive growth that will be more than a thousand percent as we have always been having it.

The $74k ATH of Bitcoin is not a new thing as the same price occurred in March. But as you have concluded, let us fold our arms till May, whether there is a chance of seeing new thing.

The price doesn't just automatically increase post halving. It will take time. I'd wait till end of June to see if there's any change. Plus analysts are speculating the new ATH will come end of year or even early next year. Either way, I am all about HODLing so it doesn't matter when it comes just that eventually the price will be worth the wait.