2024 Bitcoin Halving - What are Your Expectations!!!

seangh007

What is the Bitcoin Halving (Halvening)?
New bitcoins are issued by the Bitcoin network every 10 minutes. For the first four years of Bitcoin's existence, the number of new bitcoins issued every 10 minutes was 50. Every four years, this number is cut in half.

In 2012, the number of new bitcoins issued every 10 minutes dropped from 50 bitcoins to 25. In 2016, it dropped from 25 to 12.5. In the most recent May 11, 2020 halving, the reward dropped from 12.5 to 6.25 BTC per block.

In the upcoming 2024 halving, the reward will drop from 6.25 BTC per block to 3.125 BTC.

riberet19

Well, I really don't think anything new will happen. I think that Bitcoin will do what it is used to doing and that is to grow from its minimum in the previous cycle after the new halving, since the new shortage of tokens received by miners is interpreted by markets and investors. who already know the operating pattern of bitcoin are right now accumulating more units or just starting to do so shortly before the Bitcoin halving pushing the price to make profits.

I think that as long as the price continues to increase over time the impact of the halving on the price will be lower due to the large market capitalization it will have and how difficult it will be to raise the price.