Why employee or user use to be resistance to New information system and change in a company?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I belive its a good thing that employee or users of new information system in an organisation or company should be happy on but,the revers is the case.

My question is why is that is use to happen like that?
But I came to a conclusion that the users resistance to a new changes in a business or company may be due to some reason.

REASONS FOR USER RESISTANCE

Users are often resistant to new information systems. They are reluctant to use a new system and criticise it strongly . when users are opposed to a new system,they are likely to want it to fail.

There are three general theories about the nature of user resistance.

(1) PEOPLE ORIENTED THEORY
This theory concentrates on resistance to a new system because it is seen by individuals or group of individuals as a threat to something that matters to them, such as their way of working or their social relationship at work.

(2) SYSTEM ORIENTED THEORY
This theory concentrate on resistance to a new system because of dissatisfaction with the system design. The user interface with the system may be difficult to understand and use or the users may have difficulty making the system work.

(3) INTERACTION ORIENTED THEORY
This theory concentrate on the interaction between the system and its users and the implications for the role of users in their organisation.
Interaction theory is based on the view that even if the system is well - designed,it could meet resistance from users who are concerned for the effect of new system on their states or importance at work.

I know that many had experience this or something like this before. So your contributions is welcome .

What use to make employee or users to be Resistance to New information system and change in a company or businesses?

I think that we have been seeing this in an entirely wrong way for a long time now. Most of the employees that are working in businesses are overworked that did not have time to update their professional knowledge and competence . This is why it is always important for you as a business person to be organising educational classes from time to time about things like this.

When the computer was new the users in the bank were against the computerized system. They are scared that the computer might replace them. But when the saw the printed output that was done in minutes which they usually do in 3 days work of 4 persons they realized that automation was good so they soon accepted the changes.