How to Hire Your First Employee

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Hiring the first employee requires careful thoughts. Start by doing the following:

State the Roles and Responsibilities.

Map out a detailed job description that outlines requirements and expectations. Use online job postings, social media, and professional websites to advertise positions. Look for candidates with the right skills, experience and culture for your company during the interview.

Proper Background Check

Consider doing background checks and contacting references to ensure credibility.

Give Appropriate Training

Once you’ve been selected, provide appropriate onboarding and training to set your new hire up for success.

Maintain Effective Communication

As an employer, maintain open communication, feedback, and promote a positive work environment to retain and develop talent.

Before I hired my first staff in my business, I really had to sweat it out because no one wanted to work for a relatively new organisation. You have to be ready to openly talk to and prove your credibility as a business to intending staff. Be sure that you have ran the business for some time to be able to train the staff to understand the business. That's the lot of small businesses. But for big businesses, as they are trying to set it up, you would see myraid of applicants that want to work for them even before they finish setting up.