What Is Your Preferred Way To Receive Your Salary?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
@btaliat I made use of bank to save my money in case I want to buy online. the major bulk of my savings goes to the cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. this is the one of the sure way to beat inflation in my country. I simply convert a portion of the cryptocurrency into local money whenever I want to buy something. That is how I do my thing and friends refer to me as a local man.
You are not local, in fact you are the wisest. It is only some one thay doesn't think of the future that saves. The bulk of our money should be going to the investment and not saving. I wish to be doing the same as well. Just that I don't know how to go about trading in cryptocurrency

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Things have really changed now.gone are the days when salary is received by hand.now that we are observing cashless economy.Salary is paid through Bank. The owner of the organization will just instruct the account officer to send the money to each and every individual of the company which means the staff must have account with them.it is easier and simple that way.

Payment of salary through bank is a very common way to get paid. However, I do not think that it is a new way to get paid. As far as I know, many people in my country were paid through bank transfer even in the 90s. A few companies pay salary through cash even today.

Good luck

Verified member
Things have really changed now.gone are the days when salary is received by hand.now that we are observing cashless economy.Salary is paid through Bank. The owner of the organization will just instruct the account officer to send the money to each and every individual of the company which means the staff must have account with them.it is easier and simple that way.

Jonaville

This is 2021, I believe most people don't receive salary through cash anymore. Most of the companies already have the account details of their employees so at the end of every month they just deposit the salaries into their bank accounts. But I've never come across any company that actually pay that workers in cryptocurrencies.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I am sure people who recieve a really good amount of salary through bank transfer only. This is because it might be really risky to carry a lot of cash when you get paid by your employer. Apart from that it does not sound good to recieve lots of cash, so therefore, people prefer bank trasfers or check payments
You are right. Most payment paid through banks are always bulky in most cases and to prevent the risk that always accompanying being with cash, bank payment is preferable. Aside this, most company want a payment that will have a record. This is to prevent future argument between the payee and the payer.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I am a salary earner. And I prefer earning though bank payment but not cheque. I prefer direct transfer of money from banks for many reason. Number one, it will prevent me from saying unnecessary thank you for my employer had it been I received the payment by hand or cash.

I am sure people who recieve a really good amount of salary through bank transfer only. This is because it might be really risky to carry a lot of cash when you get paid by your employer. Apart from that it does not sound good to recieve lots of cash, so therefore, people prefer bank trasfers or check payments

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Over here most of the business owners are using different tactics to cheat on their employees. Majority of them are going to pay through banking by collecting the banking details of the workers. When it is due time most often failed to do the needful and will give different excuses that their account is having problems.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
As far as I am concerned I prefer getting paid through crypto currency wallets, initially I use to prefer bank to bank transfer but since the banks started their unfair charges, I have totally lost interest in using banks here and now I prefer online wallets and so far, u have been enjoying it.
I won't advice people to collect salary through crypto coin. This is because there is no prediction on the price of these coins. It can amaze you that you may be now and the next minute the coin enters dip. Aside this, you won't be happy to be paid in cryptocurrency coin especially during the bearish moment

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@Oliver4smile if this can happen I'll be more than glad to receive my salary in cryptocurrency. I am going to benefit two things from doing this. the first thing is thatI will make more money with my salary when the price of cryptocurrency increases. the second game is at how we have power over inflation.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Unfortunately most companies do not pay their employees in cryptocurrency ,if this is possible here in my location I will always like to receive my salary in cryptocurrency because I may have an opportunity to save my money in the digital assets than saving in my country's currency in which the value is depreciating everyday.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
We all love the day when we get paid! I can understand that feeling. There was a time when I used to work an offline job (around 6 months ago). It was a really horrible job because I had to deal with many rude people and I used to tolerate them and I had no choice. I always used to recieve salary 10 days later. They used to pay men through local Bank Transfer. It was a local company and this is why they used to pay through this way. Most of the companies in my city pay through this way. A few companies pay through cheques. Some even pay in cash. I no longer work offline and I enjoy my online work more. So, how do you prefer to get paid?

AfriPeeps Official

As far as I am concerned I prefer getting paid through crypto currency wallets, initially I use to prefer bank to bank transfer but since the banks started their unfair charges, I have totally lost interest in using banks here and now I prefer online wallets and so far, u have been enjoying it.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@btaliat I made use of bank to save my money in case I want to buy online. the major bulk of my savings goes to the cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. this is the one of the sure way to beat inflation in my country. I simply convert a portion of the cryptocurrency into local money whenever I want to buy something. That is how I do my thing and friends refer to me as a local man.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I am a local man I like to receive my salary in cash. I have a reason for this honestly if you need to listen to be. Receiving my salary comes with extra charges from the banking I'm using. Also they are still going to church for withdrawing using automated teller machine. At the end of the day all the money will not be up to the actual salary I earn.
I understand your reason for collecting your salary by hand and on a lighter mood, it doesn't make you a local man ad you said in the first line. It is just what you desire. But does that mean you don't use bank because of charges? So definitely, you will still save your money in bank last.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I am a local man I like to receive my salary in cash. I have a reason for this honestly if you need to listen to me. Receiving my salary comes with extra charges from the banking I'm using. Also they are still going to charge for withdrawing using automated teller machine. At the end of the day all the money will not be up to the actual salary I earned.

Last edited:

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I am a salary earner. And I prefer earning though bank payment but not cheque. I prefer direct transfer of money from banks for many reason. Number one, it will prevent me from saying unnecessary thank you for my employer had it been I received the payment by hand or cash.

F

Funmluv

salary is truly a thing of joy and we all love it. as for me, I prefer hand to hand payment if the business is a physical type and not online. but if it is an online business, I prefer payment through crypto currency or better still payment through PayPal

Carson20t

Tos
EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer) is a great way to transfer money and get paid. However, this is mostly used in my country to recive remittence from people who live abroad. I am not aware of any company in my city that pay through this method. However, there might be some companies that use this method. Having said that, EFT is also used by a minority of the online sites to pay people.
I think it depends with the companies but mostly in my country EFT is the most easiest for bulk transactions.People avoid the stress of single handedly making the accounting and giving the workers one by one it's just too cumbersome as compared to entering and verifying information and start bulk payments.

But as for online work you would find that PayPal and payoneer are the most used payment methods but not in africa unless those doing international online jobs such as teaching English and other freelancer works.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
My main source of revenue right now is the offline job because I am yet to scale up to stable levels to earn online.when it comes to my salary,I prefer to receive through electronic fund transfer.It is more convenient to see my balance reflect as my bank is connected to mobile services of my bank account.

EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer) is a great way to transfer money and get paid. However, this is mostly used in my country to recive remittence from people who live abroad. I am not aware of any company in my city that pay through this method. However, there might be some companies that use this method. Having said that, EFT is also used by a minority of the online sites to pay people.

Carson20t

My main source of revenue right now is the offline job because I am yet to scale up to stable levels to earn online.when it comes to my salary,I prefer to receive through electronic fund transfer.It is more convenient to see my balance reflect as my bank is connected to mobile services of my bank account.