Futures vs Spot, which one you is your preferred choice?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
When it comes to crypto trading especially via 'Buy and 'Sell order, we should acknowledge the presence of choosing either Futures contract or Spot trading. Futures is risky, due to the fact, you aren't trading with your asset or purchased digital asset as in the way Spot is carried out. Rather you're predicting the outcome of portion of an asset which is the coin pair(s) you choose to trade on. In futures contract, their is presence of leverage, but not visible for spot trading. And we know how risky the leverage is, when it comes to improper use of it.

In spot trading we can't get liquidated, unless the pair we choose runs down to zero, and their is no way it can get to such mark. Or the trader making panic sales. You can trade easily on spot, it is most recommended to novice traders. At least they can build up from there until their experience matures, then they can look up to Futures contract in the future.

Futures contract trading is highly profitable than spot trading also more riskier, especially when we are trading inexperienced. It is better to focused full-time to learn Future trading than trying out luck on your own to see if you can read the market and make profit.

khadsae

Although many say that futures trading has more risks, personally I don't agree. Just as any form of trading and decisions we make in live, it is intertwined with our emotions. Being calm and rationale can make you decent money daily just by good research and wise futures trade.

Spot trading are great if you are investing in the long term, place your order and simply check perhaps weekly or monthly. Futures trading is good if you have time on your hand so you can make quick decisions as the market fluctuates.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I am not into crypt trading even though I have traded a couple of times, I have done P2P trading as well as spot trading. I have never invested and traded futures. I cannot take any risk on my digital assets which itself is a great risk. Normally, I build my assets and lock my assets for a fixed time and earn APY. For a normal crypto user, staking is the bets way to earn profits, there is no risk as principle return is guaranteed. There is also chances of earning some profits. There are a lot of platforms where you can stake your cryptos, there are a lot of crypto coins that can be staked and earned profits. While investing in Futures can be profitable when your predictions become correct, it is a risky way to grow your digital assets. Spot trading is better because you know how much you are giving and how much you are getting. If you take a lot of crypt price on various platforms you can take the benefit of crypto arbitrage trough spot trading. But things like these are more reserved for professionals and not for those who do not have a lot of investment.