What Is The Salary Of A College Professor In Your Country?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Education is one of the most interesting and attractive field for many teachers and professors out there who work in many educational institutes. I live in a country where the professor of government colleges also hold many other positions in the educational sectors albeit not all the professors enjoy two positions in the same sector. Around 10 years ago, I used to have a tutor who was also a professor in the government college. At that time I was pursuing my intermediate education and that professor also used to run a coaching center where he used to teach students. He was earning passive income because he was a professor at a college, he had his own institute, and he also used to provide home tuition to students who were not able to come to his place for learning. One day, I asked him what is the salary of a college professor who teaches in a government college and he said that it is approximately around $1,000, which is quite good amount of money. This is because college professors in my country are not overburdened, but I really doubt his claims. This is because I am not sure if he was actually right about it. What about your country? What Is The Salary Of A College Professor In Your Country?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My cousin is a college professor in a reputable university. He teaches economics subject due to his master's degree. Now he is working on his PhD and he would have the doctorate next year. You know that salaries are confidential matters here. What I can give is a rough estimate of what he earns. They already have 2 houses courtesy of his parents so I think for his own investment is the car. He is married and has a baby girl. I can consider him to be in the vicinity of a middle class. It is not easy to make an estimate because he also works as a consultant of the Asian Development Bank where his wife works. That means both of them are earning a good income. Maybe it is safe to assume that the professor here is earning $2,000 per month.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Everyone here called civil servant us underpaid. College professors in my country doesn't earn more than overall civil servants minimum wage which can be calculated to produce their overall monthly earnings. The highest level of civil servants here in my region is around level 17. And you must be a prof to reach such level, the salary isn't more than $400 a month. They don't earn high, whereas people who learned skills are better off, because some gets around $800-$1,000 a month using their skill properly.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Professors don't make much in Nigeria, I don't know a single young professor, most professor that I know are in their 60s or mid 50s so they already have a large family they are taking care of because of that the amount because of that the amount is not really significant, a professor salary is around $1000 and what's really attractive about this is as a professor even if you retire you'll still be collecting the same salary till you die.

But as you stated in your post most professors have other side hustles they engage in that bring them cash more their own jobs.

Back then in university, most of our professors are on sabbatical leave to other universities this will enable them to earn a double salary for one year which is really a plus.

Also they engage in teaching in other college of educations and polytechnics they also sell study materials for example to masters students.

Also as a professor you have countless opportunities of writing research papers and co writing with other professors in the same field and also make research about contemporary problems in the society.

All of these are ways that most college professors use to make money and increase their salaries.