What are the Health Benefits of Eating Grains?

MNelly

Whole grains can help older adults maintain a thinner waist, lower blood pressure and lower blood sugar, new research suggests.

Just three servings a day may do the trick, the authors said.

One serving is a slice of whole-grain bread, a half-cup of rolled oat cereal, or a half-cup of brown rice.

Researchers noted that their study -- partially funded by the General Mills Bell Institute of Health and Nutrition -- doesn't prove that whole grains are protective, only that there appears to be a link between them and waist size, blood pressure and blood sugar.

"These are all risk factors that can contribute to the development of heart disease if not maintained at healthy levels," said study co-author Nicola McKeown of the Nutritional Epidemiology Team at Tufts University's Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging in Boston.

The researchers used data from a health study of residents in Framingham, Mass., which started in 1948. They looked at health outcomes linked to whole and refined grains in the diets of more than 3,100 participants. Data was collected every four years over a median follow-up of 18 years. (Median means half were followed longer, half for less time.)

The new study compared changes in five heart disease risk factors -- blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, triglycerides and waist size -- with reported intake of whole grains. Researchers examined effects of eating less than a half-serving to three or more a day.

Grains have its own magnificent health benefits just as you elaborated. Even if i don't eat it often. Helping to reduce the cholesterol level, heart diseases, blood pressure, blood sugar level etc, its simply serving purposes in our health. I just hope to find more of the grains to eat to wash away toxic, filter my stomach to be free from cholesterol and those food substances that hampers my well-being.

Grains have its own magnificent health benefits just as you elaborated. Even if i don't eat it often. Helping to reduce the cholesterol level, heart diseases, blood pressure, blood sugar level etc, its simply serving purposes in our health. I just hope to find more of the grains to eat to wash away toxic, filter my stomach to be free from cholesterol and those food substances that hampers my well-being.
One thing I came to realise is that even the liquid cooking oil buy have cholesterol at some percentage, not all the cooking oil tho. Only the ones that a normal social class person can be able to afford. Which majority can afford this type of cooking oil that am taking about. So for me, I know that we are never really free from cholesterol when it comes to cooking oil. But at least it's not that much cholesterol. It's always up to an individual to take care of their health by knowing what they are consuming in their body. For example majority of the third world countries that have heavy climate change, actually have huge illness simply because of their extreme weather experiences like snow etc. So sometimes they get sick not because they don't know how to eat good healthy food, but because of natural issues. Again it's always per individual care to know how to eat healthily.

One thing I came to realise is that even the liquid cooking oil buy have cholesterol at some percentage, not all the cooking oil tho. Only the ones that a normal social class person can be able to afford. Which majority can afford this type of cooking oil that am taking about. So for me, I know that we are never really free from cholesterol when it comes to cooking oil. But at least it's not that much cholesterol. It's always up to an individual to take care of their health by knowing what they are consuming in their body. For example majority of the third world countries that have heavy climate change, actually have huge illness simply because of their extreme weather experiences like snow etc. So sometimes they get sick not because they don't know how to eat good healthy food, but because of natural issues. Again it's always per individual care to know how to eat healthily.
Majority of the things we eat contains cholesterol which builds up high level fats on the body. But ability to control what we eat, especially reducing the carbohydrates, and fat and oil foods will enable us to reduce our cholesterol level. Okay, I understand that natural issues like climate, temperature can cause one feeling. It might be rainy, or sunny weather etc, can cause one to feel sick cos the body always love moderate temperature. When you often experience this, go seek doctors experience to help you cope with temperature changes.

If it is the natural one then I do not see anything wrong with it and it is advisable for you to consume it because it may not really be dangerous to the body except you may be allergic ,the natural one is even the best compared to the one that is being planted with chemicals and fertilizers. We really have to be careful about the things we eat.