Business Ideas Type of business least affected by unfavorable government policies?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
One of the hindrance to the Success of so many start up businesses is the unfavorable government policies being made at times , which usually go a long way in affecting the rate at which individuals would ordinarily have expected to make significant growth in business .

We all are aware of the fact that living in or around a country that does not have a favorable business environment is more like a disadvantage because you would continue struggling to make significant progress , but the policies still have a way of bringing the business down .

This is the major reason why a lot of intending business owners try as much as possible to settle for certain businesses which they believe have got little chance of being affected by such unfavorable government policies .

The problem is that , most of such businesses are not profitable , and this is Also another factor which has to be considered .

I really need us to suggest if there are any business ideas which when executed , would guarantee one a safe way of making sure they make good returns without regretting when the business starts getting affected by unfavorable government policies .

Any ideas on this ?

Holicent

VIP Contributor
This is solely on the kind of country where the business is established. However, I don't think we should be talking about business that will not be affected by business policy because it's hard to say or find, rather we should focus on commodore that will always be in demand no matter what, It looks like I'm digressing a little.
The type of business least affected by unfavorable government policies is the business that deals with commodities. Commodities are products that are used in everyday life and have no brand loyalty, so consumers will continue buying them even if there are strict government policies in place. For example, if a country has high taxes on imported goods, people will still buy their iPhone or Samsung Galaxy phone because they don't care about the brand name.
Also, the type of business least affected by unfavorable government policies is a retail establishment that sells products that people need to survive. This is because people will still be able to buy food and water, even if they don't have the money to do so.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You are right in your introductory paragraph when you conclude that business is most affected by unfavorable government policies. Some business men are not really making any gain just because the government policies do affect them badly. If government doesn't increase the tax which will force the business man to increase his price hereby sending customers away, they may close borders creating artificial scarcity. All these and some of other things have really affected the business of people to some greater level.

However, people that always want to beat or cheat this unnecessary policies do want to engage themselves in some goods that do not really get affected by government policies or even if it gets affected, the demand for it will still be one. People that deal with basic commodities like necessity items are the smart ones.

No matter what government does to frustrate the food seller, for instance, both seller of cooked ones and the raw ones, people will still be demanding for it. I could remember when the price of rice in my country jumped form $.74 to more than $2. People only wailed for sometimes and they later found themselves buying it.

Fuel business, transport are some of those businesses that do not bend to government obnoxious policies.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are a lot of businesses you can venture into that will not be affected by government policies. Any business that deals on what people use everyday and what people cannot do without may actually not be very much affected by government policies which are unfavorable.

If you venture into a business like transportation you may actually not be in loss because even if the price of everything increases you too can also increase your own price. In my country of residence, petrol price recently increased and people who are into transport business also increased their transportation fares. I have someone who is into transportation and he even said that it is now that he makes the highest profit.

As the price of petrol is increasing, they are also increasing the price of transportation. this is one of the best businesses that one can venture into in this part of the world and probably make a lot of money from it.

If you are selling food stuffs the business may actually not be affected by unfavorable government policies because people buy food stuffs on daily basis and then, you can actually increase the price. Real estate business is also not affected by government policies in some cases.