What type of offline business can i start with low capital??

Oluwasegun purpose

I have been working online for couple of years now and I mist say its been a worderfull experience but now am thinking of combining both offline and online business simply because I need mire income in order to solve some things.

So I worked on sites and put up some money together to start a business then I realized my capital is very slow and I need a business which can yeild income but I need advice and guidance because things are very costly now or let me just say its high standard of living has affected everything I just wanted to ask what type of business can I start with low capital that will bring income.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Starting a business is not about the starting capital but the man power and self will to paddle the canoe of such a business. Have you identified yourself as a good business person? If yes, then there is no much problem about the capital to start with.

There is no enough money to start a business. Business can be started with ad little as what you can afford. There are many people that start with low capital and now the have paddled the business beyond what they can even manage alone. In the same vein, there are some that started with much capital but could not help but have to close down due to mismanagement.

From the above scenarios, we can notice that running a business goes beyond the capital but more of self will to run the business. It is the ability to be different that really matters and the urge to keep going in the midst of many and tough competition.

That doesn't however mean that we dont need money to run a business. We need it. We need to find out what amount is enough for the starting of the business. The kind of business will choose sometimes determine the amount that we can start with.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I can understand your problem, but I think that you can solve your problem if you use the right kind of strategy and make good plans to overcome your problems Let me provide you with some valuable tips.

Start Saving Money

If you want to start a business, you would need to save more money in order to start an offline business. This is because you simply cannot start a business if you do not have enough money in hand. Since you are earning money online, I think that it would be possible for you to save money. You said that you do not have money, so saving money will definitely help you.

Create A Business Plan

You must create a business plan if you want to become successful. It seems like you do not have enough experience when it comes to working online, so you need to be careful. This is because when you do not have experience, you tend to suffer from loss. Therefore, you must seek the opinion of people and try to invest a small amount of money. This way, you will lose a small amount of money in case you suffer from loss. You must also choose the right kind of business that suits you.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Despite the true fact that people are aware that technology and modernization is slowly taking over the business and financial world yet instead of them to open online businesses or possibly invest their hard-earned money on online platforms and investments a lot of people still believe that there is hope for offline businesses and there is still in existence some newly established offline businesses both in large-scale and small-scale . majority of individuals are still open in offline businesses some of which are in small-scale and requires no capital for establishment and implementation .

If I were to recommend someone a low scale business that actually requires no capital for establishment and implementation I will particularly recommend opening a barbing salon on a laundry shop . Even merely thinking about it there is no day that a barbing salon owner doesn't make angle because there is always an individual who will want to get the right and smart haircuts to boost his looks for the day . And other hand opening a laundry shop is actually one of the low capital establishing business today all you need is to sit with your laundry outlet in an area with good and great amount of population so that your laundry services could be easily noticed .

Ajebo25

Verified member
If you want to move in a business then you will need a business plan how do you want to sell your things who do you want to sell it to who do you want to be your customers and where do you want to sell your product

First before starting the business you need to have a business which you want to go into in mind and you will have to raise the capital to start such a business.

You will need a location to stat that business this is one of the most important thing when it comes to business with out proper planning of the location your business won't grow you need to be in an area that suit your tyoe of business for example your selling Gucci wears you product like that won't be patronize in rural areas so you need to go to urban areas where the people there will value it.

You will also need marketing this is another key step which every business owner needs you can pay Facebook to advertise your products or even advertise them yourself on the face book market place or you can opens an Instagram account and post what you're selling and you will get customers from there.

E

eldavis

I think knowing exactly how much you have would help us really give the best ideas. If the money is still too small to start up something reasonable, you can invest it then grow it before starting a business. There are some business you can start up with little capital though, some of them includes starting up an indoor kitchen, selling of second hand clothes.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Starting a business is not something you just make a random decision about because it has to be clearly thought-out plan. First of all, you need to determine the level of knowledge you have about a particular business. If it is offline business you want to venture into, there are a lot of options you can consider but it is very important you have proper knowledge and understanding of how it works before you venture into it.

I would recommend poultry business especially if you have a big space where you can be rearing the poultry products for some time because on the long run it is going to give you a lot of profit.

You really need to save some reasonable amount of money for this business venture. I will recommend you should continue saving money for now because you really need to have reasonable amount of income before you went into the business.

Another business venture into can go into and make reasonable amount of money for yourself is buying of agricultural products in rural areas at a cheaper price and selling them in urban areas at a higher price. This business venture can give you a lot of money if you take it seriously.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Well it depends on what you really want . My suggestion here will be based on my own personal believe and not really based on the location you are staying .

POS business is one of the most simplest business you can actually start with a smaller capital because it is just something you need to have up to at least 100,000 Naira for a start. And I think that is really small because there is no other profitable business you can be able to start below that price.

The only possible disadvantage of this business is that you can't establish this business in a location that is not trusted and secured because you might be at risk of exposing yourself to arm robbers since you are operating a small Bank.

Another business you can establish without much capital requirements is a poultry business , but here you will need a location to start up this business and it is not really important that you have to start it huge at once

You can just choose to start but as the business progresses you can choose to add more chickens and so.

It is a lucrative business and it is something you can start below 100,000 naira.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Your environment also play a very important factors in determining the most suitable business for you. Even if I may suggest that you engage in catfish farming business , if your location is not really suitable you will not likely be able to make profit with this business because you may not have people that will be interested to buy these products from you.

Nowadays things are quite difficult and most business that are supposed to be cheap are now expensive making it quite difficult for people who doesn't have money to be jobless.

Ok , if you can be able to acquire a generator, you can engage in phone charging business. I understand this type of business is really profitable in some cities in Nigeria in which there is not consistent and steady power supply.

Ninety percent of the population has mobile phone and they always look for a way to power their mobile phone to keep them in touch with their families and friends on social media.

If you can start up this business in a profitable location , the possibility of making money will be much and you shouldn't consider starting this business in a location we steady power supply since it won't work.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
A small amount of income can still enable you to start a business. Especially if you are living in an urban area where the population is pretty high. You will get many customers who are ready to patronize you. So you can start your business with the little you have then keep growing until it is so big. As long as you choose businesses that are in high demand. Such business examples include;

1. Selling second hand clothes- most don't afford to buy new clothes from the boutique. They prefer to buy second hand clothes which are cheaper. So buying this clothes from the market that sell s with low price and selling them at a higher price is a good business. Starting it requires a small amount of capital.
  2. Food business - selling food is also a lucrative business which does not require much capital to start. People always need food and so you will get ready market. Especially if you sell cooked food to people such as those in construction sites who don't have time to go and cook during the day.
  3. Offering services - most service business only require your skills in order to start. If you need some tools, you will only send a small amount on them. Such services include; cleaning, hairdressing or barbering.

Rachael

Verified member
These days, the prices of goods in the market is on the high side which means that, even if you have a plan of starting a small business, there is still high chances that you would spend higher then you placed on a budget. Each day or minute, the prices of goods is on the increase and it makes me wonder if we are moving forward or drifting backward. It gets so saddening that our salaries is still stagnant yet each second, the prices of products is inflating and nothing is being done about today. In today's economy, if you can feed two square meal, then you are a really buoyant individual because the economy is really harsh for the common man to survive.

The essentials of life; clothing, food and shelter are not affordable, which makes some people live on the b=roads or any abandoned house just to have a roof over their heads. Well, still, there are some businesses that you can start on a low capital, which include; provision shop, thrift wears, POS business, dry cleaning business, barbing salon and hair dressing salon, selling of phone accessories, selling of stationeries on a small scale and running a small restaurant.

samual

You can start a small scale business with low capital like sell bottles water and pure water this kind of business require small money to start.
You can engage in a business that requires small capita to start by selling news papers, we all know that news papers is a very good way get information that what is going on in the community

Ramolak19

Verified member
You have made point for the above comment. And i thank God because its has been clear to everyone of us that business is the best thing ever to secure the future when its comes to getting rich while I've never seen a salary earner that richer than his boss.

More also, talking about the offline business to venture with low capital, anyway anyway food business is very lucrative which you can start with low amount of money but you have to avoid credit transaction that is the only way that cannot make you survive in this business since people already to enjoin other service on credit while not feeding, so you have to strategize on a plan that will make you avoid credit transaction