Tooth decay is the nemesis of children in the rural area

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
It is sad to note the latest report on the oral health of children in the rural areas. Tooth decay is common to grade school and high school age. One dentist said that brushing the teeth is not common to rural folks although schools are teaching the care for the teeth with regular brushing.

My take on tooth decay is the food that we eat especially candies. When I was young I would eat a candy after dinner and the sweet taste would remain in my mouth until morning. I would brush my teeth before going to school though so I am good in the morning. When I was in college that’s when I learned that using a gargle can prevent tooth decay. There is no need to brush the teeth in the morning if you used the toothbrush the night before. The morning gargle would cleanse the mouth of latent bacteria and helps in preventing tooth decay.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well, I think it is the nemesis for all children that took too much candy whether in the rural or urban centres. No one is excerpted from this unless the oral hygiene is taken seriously as it should. But sometimes I heap the blame on parents for allowing the kids take a lot of sweets.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
I read an article that carbohydrates can cause tooth decay too, I don't know how true this is . The writer said if food rich in carbohydrates got stuck between your teeth, it will invite microbes which will dwell in the food and eats up both the food and the tooth. I have not confirmed how true it is. Can you enlighten us on this?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I read an article that carbohydrates can cause tooth decay too, I don't know how true this is . The writer said if food rich in carbohydrates got stuck between your teeth, it will invite microbes which will dwell in the food and eats up both the food and the tooth. I have not confirmed how true it is. Can you enlighten us on this?
Rice is the source of carbohydrates and we are rice eaters which means there might be truth to that article. However, what I have noticed in kids is the lack of oral hygiene. They do not brush their teeth regularly aside from the fact that most kids are fond of sweets. Maybe the dentist group should wage a campaign on the oral health not only for the children but also for the adults.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It is sad to note the latest report on the oral health of children in the rural areas. Tooth decay is common to grade school and high school age. One dentist said that brushing the teeth is not common to rural folks although schools are teaching the care for the teeth with regular brushing.

My take on tooth decay is the food that we eat especially candies. When I was young I would eat a candy after dinner and the sweet taste would remain in my mouth until morning. I would brush my teeth before going to school though so I am good in the morning. When I was in college that’s when I learned that using a gargle can prevent tooth decay. There is no need to brush the teeth in the morning if you used the toothbrush the night before. The morning gargle would cleanse the mouth of latent bacteria and helps in preventing tooth decay.
I am adult ,and I brush 2 times everyday and I flush once a week but even with this there is a serious disintegration on my teeth the molar, this happened a few weeks ago and I'm thinking of seeing a dentist. as a result of this I tooth decay could be as a result of bacterial infection that secret dangerous chemical that is capable of decaying the teeth.