Prevention of tooth decay

Empress

Verified member
Tooth decay occurs when foods containing carbohydrates such as breads, cereals, milk, soda, fruit, cakes, or candy are left on the teeth. Bacteria that live in the mouth digest these foods, turning them into acids. The bacteria, acid, food debris, and saliva combine to form plaque, which clings to the teeth. The acids in plaque dissolve the enamel surface of the teeth, creating holes in the teeth called cavities.
To prevent tooth decay:
1.Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a fluoride containing toothpaste. Preferably brush after each meal and especially before going to bed
2. Rinse daily with a fluoride containing mouth was. Some rinses also have antiseptic ingredients to help kill bacteria that cause plaque
3. Drink fluoridated water . At least a pint of fluoridated water each day is needed to protect children from tooth decay
4. Check with your dentist about use of supplemental fluoride, which strengthens your teeth.
visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exam

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Tooth decay occurs when foods containing carbohydrates such as breads, cereals, milk, soda, fruit, cakes, or candy are left on the teeth. Bacteria that live in the mouth digest these foods, turning them into acids. The bacteria, acid, food debris, and saliva combine to form plaque, which clings to the teeth. The acids in plaque dissolve the enamel surface of the teeth, creating holes in the teeth called cavities.
To prevent tooth decay:
1.Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a fluoride containing toothpaste. Preferably brush after each meal and especially before going to bed
2. Rinse daily with a fluoride containing mouth was. Some rinses also have antiseptic ingredients to help kill bacteria that cause plaque
3. Drink fluoridated water . At least a pint of fluoridated water each day is needed to protect children from tooth decay
4. Check with your dentist about use of supplemental fluoride, which strengthens your teeth.
visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exam
On a serious note I have tooth decay but the problem is that I brushed two times everyday and sometimes I use alcohol to wash my mouth before going to bed, all these things seems not to be working because I have never seen improvement but my teeth is deteriorating. I am thinking of seeing a dentist but for now I need to prevent it as much as possible from spreading.

Barin

I always make sure to brush my teeth at least twice in a day because have once experience the tooth ache and I don't want it to happen to me again

Kola

Verified member
to prevent tooth decay you have to brush the teeth every day And night and also try to clean the teeth with prescribed chemicals.you can't just take any chemical or drug you have to inform the doctor or better still take baking soda.it really helps prevent the teeth from decaying

Zina

I always use mouth wash to wash my mouth after brushing to remove particles and germs from the mouth

Drrooll

Visiting the dentist regularly and brushing teeth regularly at least twice a day makes our teeth healthy and clean

D

Deleted member 54885

Tooth decay is one of the disgusting thing that should happen to someone.to prevent it you need to brush your teeth regularly and also use mouth wash

Jjimale

Avoid too much sugary foods or drinks because they store in the teeth and cause tooth decay

Jjimale

Tooth decay are mostly caused by not brushing teeth Regularly which makes the bacteria to stay in the teeth and cause tooth cavities

Qriquimen

We should always brush Regularly morning and night to prevent tooth cavities

Aqruub

Avoid too much of candy as it causes damages to the teeth and also make sure to brush very well make it an habit of brushing twice in a day

Xachima

Avoid eating too much of sweet because it develops bacteria and germs in the teeth which causes toothaches