Sweet Potatoes help fight Diabetes

raaman

Valued Contributor
One study reveals that by the year 2030, about 98 million Indians will have diabetes. People having diabetes need to be very careful about their diet. Even the foods that you eat in the form of a balanced diet may raise blood sugar levels.

A diet high in fiber and vegetables can help prevent diabetes only by eating it carefully. Among vegetables, sweet potatoes help you fight diabetes properly. Although tuber foods are generally not recommended for diabetics, pink sweet potatoes are great for diabetics.

Diabetic people are advised not to eat too much potato. It is because they are high in starch. At the same time, sweet potatoes contain a special kind of starch, known as a good starch.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Indeed God is wonderful. Who will have ever thought that sweet potatoes can still be the cure for diabetes despite the fact that it is sweet as its name suggest. I believe not many people are open to this information lest there should be been high increase in the price of sweet potatoes. Once again, thanks for sharing this information

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I cannot really believe on this until I also engage on a personal research to confirm that this information is true , potatoes generally contains fat that is not needed for diabetic people that why is this one so special that people with diabetes are to consume ? You should have explained it further to our own understanding.