Research Proves That Exercise Can be Good For Older People, Too!

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Exercise is usually associated with a healthy life and we all must exercise for a few minutes daily to keep ourselves healthy. Exercise is actually crucial for reducing your chances of death by preventing many kinds of diseases. However, many people believe that exercise is something that only young people should do. This is, however, a wrong belief. There is no such thing as age factor when it comes to exercise. In fact, a some research conducted on elderly people have suggested that exercising at an older age can actually be good for your health. The research was added in a journal known as American Heart Association that suggested that exercising can actually enhance heart function in older people. So, if you are an old person, then still there is nothing that should keep you away from exercising.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Exercise for the old ones are good too. Generally, exercise is good for everyone . If you want to maintain a healthy living, you should engage in an exercise and it doesn't necessarily mean spending hours at the gym or working yourself out . All these will lead to stress , you intensify your daily routine

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Exercise is very good and important for everyone including older people. when you engage in frequent exercise especially if you are getting older you will see the difference between you and someone who does not exercise. exercise helps someone to stay healthy and also enjoy his or her old age. People who started exercising early will likely not fall into sickness when compared to people that does not exercise.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Laughs, how often do you see old people exercising their body?? Only few of them undergo exercise cos they know the benefits. I remembered when i told my grandma to exercise her body that exercise is pivotal to her health, she smiled and told me she doesn't have strength for it. That made me to realize that old people who isn't accustomed earlier with exercise doesn't have such drive at old age to perform exercises.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Laughs, how often do you see old people exercising their body?? Only few of them undergo exercise cos they know the benefits. I remembered when i told my grandma to exercise her body that exercise is pivotal to her health, she smiled and told me she doesn't have strength for it. That made me to realize that old people who isn't accustomed earlier with exercise doesn't have such drive at old age to perform exercises.

Well, there are many old people in my area who exercise a lot. It actually depends on the kind of old person you are. There are many old people who cannot exercise due to various health problems such as Arthritis. Older people who are not too old are the ones who can carry out with exercise.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Well, there are many old people in my area who exercise a lot. It actually depends on the kind of old person you are. There are many old people who cannot exercise due to various health problems such as Arthritis. Older people who are not too old are the ones who can carry out with exercise.
That's just it, it depends on the person's health status, if its suffering complicated health issues it wouldn't be easy for the person to cope with exercise, and arthritis is one of them. A very disturbing disease of old people that never allow them to feel alright, just dizziness and pains. In general exercise is good for everyone, i always enjoy it.

Paridhi

Exercise is usually associated with a healthy life and we all must exercise for a few minutes daily to keep ourselves healthy. Exercise is actually crucial for reducing your chances of death by preventing many kinds of diseases. However, many people believe that exercise is something that only young people should do. This is, however, a wrong belief. There is no such thing as age factor when it comes to exercise. In fact, a some research conducted on elderly people have suggested that exercising at an older age can actually be good for your health. The research was added in a journal known as American Heart Association that suggested that exercising can actually enhance heart function in older people. So, if you are an old person, then still there is nothing that should keep you away from exercising.
Yes a light exercise is good for older people. If they regularly do the light exercise like walking, light running, laughing therapy,clapping and many others light exercise so they may keep healthy themselves. Walking or light running is the best exercise to older people aged 60 & above.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
One benefit of exercise is the strengthening of the muscles which gives more protection to the bones. I do my morning exercise to gain stamina. I feel lethargic all day if I didn't do my morning exercise. Maybe my body is used to the exercise that it is imperative for me otherwise the side effect is not good because even my mind is affected sometimes.