Reasons we shouldn't make money just to impress people

BAMFORD

What's your purpose of making money? Is it to impress your family or other people? That shouldn't be the reason of making money guy. There are several reasons why we shouldn't make money just to impress people, including:

It's not sustainable: Trying to maintain a certain image or lifestyle just to impress others can be financially exhausting and may not be sustainable in the long run.

It's not fulfilling: Money and material possessions may bring temporary happiness, but they don't provide long-term fulfillment. True satisfaction comes from pursuing your passions and living a life aligned with your values.

It's a never-ending cycle: The desire to impress others with our wealth or status can become an addictive cycle that is difficult to break. It's important to focus on what truly matters in life, such as relationships, personal growth, and making a positive impact in the world.

It can harm relationships: Building relationships based on material possessions or wealth can create a superficial and unhealthy dynamic. It's important to foster genuine connections with others based on mutual respect, shared values, and authentic communication.

It can lead to financial stress: Spending money just to impress others can lead to financial stress and debt. It's important to live within our means and prioritize financial stability over impressing others.

It can damage self-esteem: When we base our self-worth on external factors such as wealth or status, we can easily fall into the trap of comparison and self-doubt. This can damage our self-esteem and make us feel like we're never good enough.

It can lead to unethical behavior: The desire to impress others with our wealth or status can lead to unethical behavior such as lying, cheating, or exploiting others. It's important to maintain our integrity and ethical standards, even if it means sacrificing our desire to impress others.

Ultimately, the pursuit of wealth should not be driven solely by a desire to impress others, but by a desire to create a meaningful and fulfilling life.

Chibson1

Valued Contributor
It does not even make sense for someone to make money just to impress others. it is very true that some circumstances in life can motivate us to work very hard and try as much as possible to achieve financial freedom.

Sometimes we may also feel the need to prove some people wrong especially those who think that we cannot make it in life but even at that if you don't make money to prove people wrong.

Making money should be from the mindset of achieving financial freedom and trying to live a better life and not to operate or impress anyone.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Trying to maintain a certain image just to impress others can be financially exhausting. You just be getting drained with this kind of mindset

This does not even make sense to me. I can never di anything to impress another. it's a waste to be as you have rightly states It's not fulfilling: Yeah, True satisfaction comes from impressing yourself and pursuing your passions

It's a never-ending cycle as it is not sustainable: The desire to impress others with our wealth can become an addictive cycle almost as if you are punishing yourself.

lexfurther

Absolutely, making money solely to impress others isn't sustainable or fulfilling. It's crucial to prioritize personal values over external validation. Fostering genuine connections based on mutual respect is key, not material possessions. Financial stability should be prioritized over impressing others, as overspending can lead to stress and debt. Seeking guidance from trusted sources like acrisure customer service can offer valuable insights for financial planning. Ultimately, the purpose of making money should be about creating a meaningful and fulfilling life aligned with our values and aspirations.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Making money just to influence others can have many negative consequences. First, material achievements are often prioritized over personal abilities and happiness. This can lead to dishonesty and inner dissatisfaction. In addition, the pressure to maintain appearance can lead to financial hardship and instability. Additionally, valuing themselves based on external evidence can damage self-esteem and hinder genuine relationships. Ultimately, true wealth is based on meaningful relationships, personal growth, and the pursuit of desires that lead to satisfaction rather than seeking validation by amassing wealth to influence others.

SHAHID123

Some people do this but I don't like to make money as to just impress people. I work hard and generate income because I and my family members need this money. If I won't do this then from where we give rent and will give the college fee and from where I'll purchase grocery. We also must takecare of ourselves, and particularly our physical and mental health. We need to work hard UpTo certain level after then we must say clearly to all family members that all of us should work and contribute money to meet the overall family's expenses. So we'll be able to run a good and healthy family life.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Money should be made for different purposes apart from making it to impress. You don't make money to impress others because of what the posters have made mentioned up there. Money is transient. It only stays with someone that knows how to manage it.

There are different other reasons why it is not supposed to be like that as well. The no one knows tomorrow. This means no one can predict the future. Someone that doesn't have today may have more than enough tomorrow.

That's why it is not good to be making money to impress.

Leah Kelvin

Although it may be tempting to dazzle people with wealth, doing so is inadvisable for many reasons. Initially, this can cause one to become fake because they value things more than qualities that are real. Next, striving for outside approval is unsustainable and leads to seeking constant validation which can wear a person out emotionally. Furthermore, trying too hard at impressing others through riches sets up unrealistic expectations that could lead to financial troubles later on down the line. Also, shallow relationships based on superficial criteria might occur where deep connections should have been made instead. Additionally, basing self-worth off of money alone will hurt self-esteem when those funds run dry. Lastly but not least important; if all you do is focus on showing off your cash then there won’t be any room left for personal development or actual fulfillment in life

Etini

Valued Contributor
When you make money to impress anyone, you would have put yourself under undue pressure that might lead you to do stupid things for money. The first goal of making money is to give yourself a better lease of life.

For me, the second reason I would love to make money after achieving financial comfortability is to touch the lives of people. If I make money and expand my business, I would be able to employ more people which is a societal benefit.