Reasons You Shouldn't Return To a Job That Sacked You.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Some of us have had the experience of being laid off from a job. It could be very devastating. Sometimes too, a company that laid off a staff would want to absorb back the staff after a while. I don't support a person going back to a company that fired him and later called him back. My reasons?

1) You would always feel undervalued and your confidence would be lost: Even the strongest of us would lose confidence if sacked from a job. Going back there, you might never have that confidence again to discharge your job roles.

2) Job security concerns: They had sacked you before and going back there, you won't be having any feeling of job security because you might be believing they would sack you again some time.

3) Strained Relationships: If someone recommended your sack and you later have to return to the company, you would always have a strained relationship with that person and it would affect your ability to work efficiently.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well, stated, I don't think I can ever return to a job I was sacked unless I left on my own and I'm begged to return. if not i would be undervalued and maybe paid less. Going back might mean being treated not so nice any longer.

Again, there might be no job security just has you have stated they believe they had sacked you before and they can sack you again and going back there, will have you feeling less job security.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
If a company that sacked you calls you back and you are foolish enough to return they would just conclude that you don't have self value and they themselves won't value you. You need to have some prestige and turn them down. That is even the more reason you should build your skill set so that you would not be stranded after a company has sacked you and you eventually have to go back and work in such a company.

Even if they promise you a managerial position on your return, remember that they don't value you, that's why they sacked you in the first place and would always do it again if situation demands.