Online vs Physical Banking

IamDozzy

With the introduction of internet in various countries, online banking has almost become a daily part of our life. But a number of people for reasons such as avoiding scam, misplacing money on the net etc. prefer to go to the bank for physical transactions especially during the Covid-19 pandemic. As at last year when I had to go to the bank for finalizing the opening of my account, I still saw people at the bank despite the pandemic. They came to carry out transactions that ordinary they'd be able to carry these transactions at home. This gote thinking, people don't just trust online banking especially with the way fraudsters have stolen from people's bank account.
Forum members , do you prefer going to the bank for Physical transactions or online transaction?. And what are your reasons for this?.
Let's have an interesting discussion.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
With the mention of online banking that means you are accessing your bank account via the website. Maybe what you mean is online bank where you can deposit and withdraw your money. If that online bank is not regulated by the central bank then more likely it is a scam because it is illegal in the first place. We have to be careful with such websites.

Melanie3344

Online banking offers convenience, but concerns about scams and security persist. Despite the pandemic, many still opt for physical banking. What's your preference, and why?

lexfurther

With the rise of online banking, some still prefer physical transactions due to concerns like scams and online security. Despite the pandemic, people continue to visit banks for routine tasks. Forum members, do you prefer physical or online banking, and why? Let's discuss. In addressing this, consider the role of design thinking in banking sector https://dworkz.com/article/design-thinking-in-the-financial-sector-process-bеnefits-challenges-and/. Design thinking can help banks create digital platforms that address user concerns about security, enhancing the online banking experience.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I'm one person that don't judt like to do anything online when it comes to findbxean I can't trust online banking especially with the way fraudsters have stolen from people's bank account. I wouldn't even recommend you leave a huge amount of money in there even when you convince yourself to start out.

i prefer going to the bank for Physical transactions so that I know I'm dealing with people that can easily be arrested if any thing fraudulent should happen to my account.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Online banking and physical banking is definitely an argument that has been existing for a while, personally I think with time, online banking will put physical banking out of business, it is happening in my country, there are small money vendors equivalent to Point of Sale, where you can send, recieves and check your balance, you don't have to go to the bank unless there is a strong reason to.

With time physical will just be used as a customer services center, where customers go to complain or open new accounts, but most banking transaction nowadays are done outside the bank.