It is Normal to have Symptoms of Anxiety.

raaman

Valued Contributor
It is Normal to have Symptoms of Anxiety.

All of us had symptoms of anxiety at some point in our lives. In effect, anxiety is a common reaction, which is activated in the face of a danger or threat. The problem arises, when it becomes an anxiety disorder. This happens when this reaction is frequently activated in certain situations.

The Situations may be such that are not objectively threatening, or dangerous, and significantly affects our daily life. We can say that a person has an anxiety disorder, when he is persistently unable to do the things that he usually likes to do, having experienced the emotion of anxiety.

However, having experienced the feeling of anxiety is not necessarily negative, because it helps our body prepare for certain tasks that are difficult for us, or that we think as difficult. Anxiety creates a psychophysiological reaction of intense activation of the central nervous system, and the whole body that prepares us.

For example, it is very common for students to have feelings of anxiety before an exam. But, it is a feeling that vanishes as soon as the exam has been carried out, that is, when the situation has passed. Accepting that anxiety is a normal emotion is an important aspect.

blessingc

Of course it is normal to be anxious, a normal human should be anxious at different stages of his life. It becomes abnormal and a problem it is a disorder.
Being anxious shows your emotions how you feel and how you are coping at a particular development.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have experienced anxiety attack many times in my life. That started when I was 30, I think. I thought it was a heart attack so I rushed to the doctor’s clinic. The doctor was laughing at me and telling me to stop jogging. But whenever I would stop moving I was having difficulty in breathing. Now I understand that the breathing difficulty was the effect of the anxiety attack which is coupled by the shaking of the limbs. During that time I was separating with my wife and it was a big burden on my emotional side. When I lost my job after some years there was again the anxiety attack. The doctor prescribed me a tranquilizer to control the symptoms of the attack. It was good because when I feel a budding attack I would drink a capsule of tranquilizer and the anxiety attack would not prosper. Until now I still have some meds for the attack but it’s been years that I have not taken it.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Anxiety is a very normal feeling that human being experience. It is a response by the body to something that seems dangerous, uncertain or has unfavourable consequences if something goes wrong.

The reason why I consider it a great feeling is that it is able to protect you from danger and help you evade it. It will also help you work hard in cases where you have something important like an exam coming up.

The only problem is when the anxiety becomes a disorder. Meaning it is something that you cannot control or it affects your relationships and life goals . That is when you will need to seek professional help from a therapist.