Is There A Best Time To Trade Forex?

moonchild

VIP Contributor
When it comes to to trading, there are a lot sentiments out there about the right time to get into the market and trade, lol some gurus will even tell you the best weather to trade in, this article is going to educate you on whether time has any consequences on your trading.

First of all, trading is not rocket science and the concept of time is not applicable to it, the market just moves randomly, it doesn't care whether it is 7pm or 10am, so all of the best time to trade guides are basically false, I've made money in the afternoon, morning and night and I never have to check my time and see if it aligns or stuffs.

The only thing that matters is the price, that is what will determine whether you should get in a trade or you should get ready to get out.

But as a day trader, it is important to have time journal, that is the time you're available to trade, let's say you are free from 9am to 2pm you can make that your trading time, so basically what you will do is, stay up around that stipulated time and look for opportunities and when you didn't see one, close the chart and come

cmoneyspinner

A truly excellent question. Investopedia is my GO TO site for financial questions. Believe it or not they have an answer to this question. Even though FOREX runs on normal business hours around the world, according to the region's time zones, apparently "The U.S./London markets overlap (8 a.m. to noon EST) has the heaviest volume of trading and is best for trading opportunities." (Source: investopedia.com/articles/forex/08/forex-trading-schedule-trading-times.asp)

Suba

Staff member
The best time to trade forex is when our bodies are fresh and our minds don't have many problems. It is also not advisable to enter the forex market at midnight and your eyes are sleepy. Of course everyone will have a different opinion when is the best time to trade forex, for you as a professional day trader, whether it's morning, afternoon or evening won't be a problem because you already have strategies and techniques you can rely on. But for most people, especially novice traders, although they also need to adjust their trading time with daily activities, novice traders also need to avoid peak hours, so liquidity will be high, and fluctuations will also be high, so it will be a big risk, for novice traders.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't think there is a perfect set time that you have to trade the volatile market , most importantly what you will need is your analysis that is what determines most of the time.

If your analysis comes up in the afternoon then you have to pick up a nice entry. That is always what really matters . As long as you are able to pick the right entry in any currency pair you are interested , the possibility of generating profit will be much more higher..

I am a forex trader though I am still practicing and still trading at the same time but I have not really get much experience on so many things . But I believe that as my experience advances I'll be able to get the necessary experience needed to trade the market with a very high degree of success as it is the most important for every trader.

cmoneyspinner

The best time to trade forex is when our bodies are fresh and our minds don't have many problems. It is also not advisable to enter the forex market at midnight and your eyes are sleepy. Of course everyone will have a different opinion when is the best time to trade forex, for you as a professional day trader, whether it's morning, afternoon or evening won't be a problem because you already have strategies and techniques you can rely on. But for most people, especially novice traders, although they also need to adjust their trading time with daily activities, novice traders also need to avoid peak hours, so liquidity will be high, and fluctuations will also be high, so it will be a big risk, for novice traders.
LOL. My son engages in FOREX trading for himself and also he helps his friends. He seems like he is on his computer all day and all night. LOL. Like until he passes out. It sounds like I'm exaggerating but whenever I come dowstairs to get my coffee, he is always sitting there staring at his computer screen. It's a wonder he doesn't have eye-strain.

Jack Reacher

Verified member
Psychology plays a vital role in favor of traders but negative mindset also affects traders’ mindset gard. Besides developing psychology, a person should pose the quality of analyzing the market. Eurotrader’shigh leverage, flexible margin level, narrow trading spread and 111% deposit bonus must console your mind.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Thank you very much for your interesting thread. I totally agree with everything you mention in your informative post. I do not think that there is a set time to trade Forex. You can trade Forex when you are free or when you are not tired. It does not matter if it is morning or evening. Time is not so important when trading Forex.

Dita Walczak

Verified member
Losses occur due to the unpredictability of Forex and I know well that loss is the companion of Forex traders and we can’t avoid it fully. It is even painful for those who build castle in the air about Forex trading. As a secure broker, you can go for Eurotrader broker because the broker uses different regulated bank accounts for offering security.

E

eldavis

I am not really much of a forex expert, but the only thing i can say is there is actually no specific time one can classify as the best time for forex trading. Though there are times you may have studied the market and everything is looking okay to pick a trade but there is no specific time for this. It could be in the morning, it could be at night, it could be anytime. Most persons prefer trading at night cause they assume trading the market at night is way better than during the day.

Olimpia Morgan

Although you can trade anytime, it is always good to trade when the market is most active. Depending on the pair, trade in the time zone when the liquidity is at the highest. Generally, this happens during the overlap of the US and the UK time zones because more than 50% of the market is open at this hour.