Is studying library science worth it?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
This topic is as a result of a debate currently going on in my room right now about whether study in library science would be relevant in the future .

The fact is that the world is currently getting to a stage where by everything is happening online and you can stay at the comfort of your room and be able to order for any book you want to read without ever stepping your foot into a library at all.

Despite this, we still see a lot of people who go to school to study library and information science with the hope that upon graduation they will be able to secure some well paying jobs to sustain themselves and make some money

I want us to critically analyse this with respect to the future, and decide whether or not studying this course is actually going to be as profitable as some people are thinking or we will get to see a situation whereby there will no longer be need for offline librarians anymore since we have got so many resources available online which can be obtained through a single click.

What do you have to say about this topic as I believe it will be an eye-opener for so many people who have been ignorant?